Vintage Puzzler still 100% BOGUS

As mentioned Browning! https://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist/guns/rifle/lever-action/30-06-springfield?d=185&c=30&s=708&gauge_chamber=.30-06+Springfield

The model 1895 Winchester lever action rifle was offered in 30-06, of course after 1906 and manufactured into the mid 1930s. Most of them produced (70%) were chambered in 7.62X54mm Russian and sold to Russia.

‘In 1985, the Browning Arms Company offered the BLR (Browning Lever Rifle) in .30-06 Springfield. Later in 2001, Winchester reintroduced the 1895 rifle during the 100 year anniversary of Theodore Roosevelt’s presidential administration, offering it again in .405 Winchester, as well as .30-06 Springfield and .30-40 Krag.’ Winchester also introduced their modern lever action model 88 in 1955 chambered in .308 Winchester (7.62X51mm NATO) which with 150 grain bullets has nearly identical performance as the 30-06.

Pretty bike and an unmistakably pleasing exhaust note. Probably a year or two ago I was at a gas station I’d never been to and heard what sounded like a 650 Bonneville and I turned around. At the pump was a guy with a perfect Triumph 650 Bonneville.

Nothing sounds like a classic Harley V-twin and nothing I know of sounds like a twin 650 Bonneville. That’s definitely part of the mystique of those motorcycles.
CSA
:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

Perhaps you would be interested in a 72 tiger, same as bonneville but a single barrel carb. As soon as I find the title anyway. Frame number and engine number match, but can’t match numbers for a lost title as I never got it licensed 30 years ago. :frowning:

http://www.garandgear.com/m1-garand-ammunition

Barky, nice bike, but no thanks! I’ll have to pass. As I’ve mentioned before I’ve lived through 7 or 8 or 9 (without counting them up) road bikes and dirt bikes. Several months before my son (first child) was born I parked my '77 Honda CB 750K air-cooled in-line 4 cylinder with 4 carbs in the back of the garage and it’s still sitting there. I found myself suddenly becoming a rather valuable asset to our expanding family and didn’t want to chance riding it.

I’m very tempted, but I have more will power in nearly any decisions than 20 or 30 people combined could muster. I keep the memories alive. That’s why I can eat right, exercise right, and keep myself fit. Example: I have never been in Starbucks and haven’t eaten at a restaurant in decades. I’m at least one of those damn vegetarians and perhaps getting close to becoming a flaming vegan. :grin: (never thought I’d be writing that). I still like the smell and taste of meat and poultry and people can eat the stuff right in front of me, but I refrain.

I feel great and folks much younger have trouble keeping up with this old guy. Son and DIL are staying with us this week. Son can keep up, but DIL not so much. I think I exhausted her with activities. I’m trying to stay alive to prove that waiting until 70 to draw Social Security really was the best decision I ever made. :wink:

So, sorry, but no thank you Barky.
Interested in a Honda (title in hand when I go north) for your collection?
CSA
:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

Not interested in a scooter, thanks for the thought. My trumpet was mothballed coinciding with the birth of a child also. I am retired now also, going on week 3, we are looking at the north woods on a lake, MN or WI. I lived in FL a few years, and enjoyed it. Thinking about getting bored in the long winters, and for the first time in my life ice fishing sounds fun! Living more like a monk all the time! The last couple of weeks my car has sat more than any car I ever owned. It may be a once a week drive just to let it know I am still here. I need it for the boat come June.

Back to the original post. The OP correctly said that Ray’s answer was bogus, because no US ammo was near the same size:

However, reading about the Japanese ammo, it looks like Ray’s answer could have been right if he had said “unusable to the British”, because the Japanese based one of their shells on the Enfield, right?

1 Like

There’s no perfect place for me to reply here, so this is for @sgtrock21 and @Whitey and @common_sense_answer. I tend to agree that puzzler discussions are a bit different. It’s hard to say but I guess I’ll know it when I see it when it’s gone too far afield. General Discussion has to stay General (Auto) Discussion but I do look at the Show discussions in their own way.

1 Like