VIN does not match Car Model

While I’m no legal expert, there are issues with swapping VIN plates. A Mustang restoration shop was shut down for this, and other, offenses:

Thanks for the input . It’s really appreciated. As it stands. I originally posted that the car was inspected by retired police officers they hired. “They know their business” is what I was led to believe. They place an “Inspected By” sticker on the cars for the buyers to see…why else? VIN swapping is illegal both nationally and by state. Cars are sold “as-is” but listed as “non matching numbers” “not the original VIN” etc this one was not. They offered to sell the car for me at “full disclosure”. Why now? but at my costs. The car was sold 3 months earlier at the same auction house!!! I lawyered up. They gave me no choice. I went in circles for 6 months with them as soon as I said I have to seek legal advice…they said Bye!!! I planned to spend a lot of money on it for show. Could I get some of it back under these circumstances? I doubt it. Google a 1966 Chevy II Coupe and a 1967 Chevy II sedan see the differences. Slight but there. I’m a dumb one for not looking into it THEN. Having a wife on your shoulder saying “BUY” doesn’t help. :slight_smile:

Special VINS are issued for Frankensteins and kit cars.

Yeah I read it, but I don’t believe it is ok to use a front clip and title/VIN for the front clip on another car. The clip sure, but not the title and VIN.