"Vigilante"

Alas I’m afraid its already been tried our little thin airsacks work very good for what they do-Kevin

I’m still waiting for Michelin to bring out the Tweel

What is the tweel ?-Kevin

My last few years in business the total tax on personal income was 42%. There should be no special rate for capital gains and no cap on FICA. If everyone paid the full rate the full rate could be reduced. And the so called “fair tax” is a crock.

But as for the trash in the roads, we need a better system of maintenance for our roads and bridges for sure.

On the express way a car passed my car and i mentioned to mt wifer that the tire would blow. Five minutres later It blew. wife was amazed!! Nail ,puncture or flaw/leakin cast alum wheel
P.S I don’t know if the rumor but I have read that tire pressure sensors uses wireless technology that can be hacked and allow someone to alter settings, open doorlocks etc. any truth???

Rod Knox,is the fair tax a crock-only heard good things about it?-Kevin

Re “fair tax” Kevin, What percentage of your income is spent each month and how much is left in the bank? The truly wealthy spend only a minuscule part of their income. Under the “fair tax” the wealthy would pay sales tax on what they purchase while the rest of their income would be untaxed. The only tax system less fair than sales tax is a head tax which would give each American man, woman and child a bill for $12,000 to cover this years federal budget. Are you ready to pay your fair share?

Also, Kevin, annual retail sales in the U.S. is about $4trillion. The annual budget is $3.6trillion. A $1 soda would have 90c tax added to it For Mitt Romney, who receives $4million per week and spends less than $10,000 of it to live the good life, such a tax would be great. For the rest of us it’s the pitts.

Daggone it,yea done went and bust my bubble-figgured Mitt would at least legalize Polygamy if he got elected. Seriously though,in your opinion is there a decent tax system?I’m curious and want to learn,have found out some of the lamented programs work better then they are given credit for -Kevin

kmccune What is the tweel ?-Kevin

“…is there a decent tax system?”

Sure, but there are many versions of “decent” based on who you are and how it impacts you. That’s why meaningful tax reform has been impossible for decades.

@bscar2, they’ve been working on the design of an airless tire for a long time. The only problem with the design is that now they’ll need to make the roads out of rubber.

In my opinion a flat tax on all income above the poverty level would be somewhat fair. And since the GOP thinks that corporations are people they should be taxed as people on income prior to paying dividends. My best efforts to look through the smoke and mirrors of partisan political jargon leads me to believe that a tax rate of 28% would take care of the current budget and make a dent in the deficit. That is if the DoD is kept under control.

I just wish they would let the Bush tax cuts expire. I’d gladly pay what I was paying in 2000 if they would go back to using it to pay down the deficit. Did you know the Bush tax cuts were the first tax cuts in U.S. history ever passed during a time of war?

bscar2 that was awesome everyone should watch that,messes up the effectivness of stop strips and no more spares,I dont like the tiny little tires on pressure washer & whatever that seem to go flat the worst times,Thanks,Good point JT-Kevin

“Did you know the Bush tax cuts were the first tax cuts in U.S. history ever passed during a time of war?”

Actually, we can go beyond that reality, Whitey.
To the best of my knowledge, this was the first time in recorded world history that anyone (Mr. Bush in this case) waged a war without raising taxes in order to pay for that war. Then, of course, that situation was exacerbated by expanding a justified war (Afghanistan) into a two-front war with the unjustified addition of Iraq, while simultaneously cutting taxes.

Wars consume huge amounts of money, and to not fund them properly results in subsequent massive deficits. That has put us in the situation where we currently suffer.

Yeah, I was pretty awestruck that the same people who made a case for invading Iraq were the same ones had pushed the tax cuts. Members of my family who were a part of the greatest generation (and who were some of the most conservative people I ever met) considered paying taxes in a time of war their patriotic duty, so I find it laughable when members of the Tea Party claim theirs is the party of true patriots.

Can’t argue with that-Kevin

“Yeah, I was pretty awestruck that the same people who made a case for invading Iraq were the same ones had pushed the tax cuts.”

I think that those folks don’t mind paying for the wars, but do mind paying for many other government endeavors, like The Departments of Commerce, Education, Energy, EPA, Health and Human Services, Interior, Labor, and Housing and Urban Development. While that’s quite a list, federal expenditures on their programs pale in comparison to the Big Three: Department of Defense, Social Security, and Medicare/Medicaid. I think that these 3 make up about 75% of expenditures. So, cutting the “bad programs” won’t save much money, especially when you consider that there are other agencies that aren’t on the list, like Justice, Homeland Security, and Agriculture.

I don’t agree with those that want to get rid of all those agencies; I just thought that I’d point out how their logic works. Actually, I also want the sunset tax cuts to expire. I think that the 10% across the board cuts in government spending will cost the private sector a lot of income, because private contractors will bear the brunt of the cuts. We need more revenues while we decide what to do as a society, and the easiest way to get them is to do nothing and let the tax cuts expire… Doing nothing is what Congress seems to do best these days.

“Doing nothing is what Congress seems to do best these days.”

D*** bureaucrats.

Also: Having lawyers create laws is like having doctors create diseases.