Toyota Highlander Airbags Didn't Deploy

What are you talking about???

2 Likes

nowhere in @Frdgrl829_178890’s post did they mention EVER having the airbag light on! And if you’d bother to read, the side curtain airbags did deploy, so clearly the the wiring for the SRS didn’t become disconnected.

That’s rich coming from you. Nobody except you has given any incorrect safety advice. Hell, I told them they should contact NHTSA to investigate if the front bag should have deployed:

Seriously, you’re full of it

3 Likes

Oh I see someone started a new topic within this thread. You guys could have said that since it is totally obvious that I was replying to the situation involving the original post. But doing that would be too constructive.

Fixed it for you

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

2 Likes

So sorry. I’m new here. I wasn’t sure how to navigate the site to make a new thread

I do in fact have a bruised face/chin/jaw. This is day 6 after my accident and I still can’t eat many things that require much chewing

It was a rear ended collision. The guy was definitely speeding excessively. My car IS completely totalled and I AM very lucky it wasn’t much worse. I was driving a '21 highlander with 3rd row seating. My tailgate was pushed clear to the 2nd row seats. My axle was push to the middle of the car! I also didn’t say he was going 70mph. I said 55-60 and that’s an honest guess. He pushed me hard enough into the side of a new escalade that THEY were pushed sideways as well. The guy that hit me was driving like he was on the highway and the road kept going. He fled the scene so I have no way of knowing what kind if apparent drugs/alcohol he had consumed for him to drive in that manor but I think you’re severely underestimating the severity of this accident just because I survived without major injuries. I applaud Toyota for manufacturing such a safe vehicle because I fear had I been in either of my other much older vehicles it would have been much more devastating.
Am I able to post photos on here? I’ll show u the damage if that helps

This points out a risk with just about all the three-row vehicles out there. Folks in the third row aren’t nearly as well protected as rows one or two.

4 Likes

Thank God I only got 3rd row for more trunk space. I know now not to every put anyone in those seats

On the main page click on the New Topic button to start your own thread . As for pictures you can post them but your questions should be directed at your insurance adjuster . People here can guess at whether the Airbags worked as they should but it really won’t mean much.

Were you wearing your seat belt ?

Unless you’re hit in the front

1 Like

Not so sure about that. Front row passengers have all kinds of airbags protecting them, some for second row, but I don’t know if there are any for the third row. They could be worse off, even in a front collision.

There’s nothing you need to apologize for. My comments were directed towards @TheWonderful90s. Please feel free to stick around, there’s plenty you can learn just browsing and reading topics :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Must be a stolen vehicle. Otherwise, there would be no sense running away. Given the damage to your car, it’s hard to believe the one that crashed into you could drive away.

1 Like

Alcohol/drugs?

2 Likes

@pyrolord314 can you (or anyone else) remind me how to block a user? I’m tired of the wonderful 90s. Thanks.

4 Likes

I believe you go into your preferences, then go into USER. and you should be able to put in who you want to ignore.

1 Like

or maybe muted instead of ignore. I am not totally sure which one.

Click on your icon, pick the little person symbol on the right, then choose preferences, then notifications, then users.

I wonder how many have blocked me? I have not blocked anyone. How can you respond if you do not see the post?