To turbo, or not to turbo

The auto industry is incessantly trying to mimic the electric motor instead of actually use them by makeing internal combustion engines as small and as powerful as possible along with complicated transmissions. When the magic goal of 80 to 100 mpg is R eached, a reasonable argument can be made to use them instead of electric motors so their underlying goal of extracting money’s for maintenance of ICE powered cars can continue to be realized. They are happy to keep reading about these continual discussions of oil changes…anything to promote useless and expensive service. Even by their own admissions if you read their manuals, their car motors can last as long as they need with much less expense then many drivers give them.

Uh Dag,what was off topic about my comment on the way yokels around here treated turbo vehicles?Probaly if a newer one would run without a turbo,they would treat it the same way,thats why I always hated to see trashy people acquiring a nice well maintained vehicle for practically nothing.

It seemed on-topic to me, so I removed the flag, @kmccune. Maybe it was a mistake.

@kmcunne. @cdaquilla.
It was a mistake. ;-((
Please forgive the mistake. In using my iPad while scrolling, I sometimes inadvertently hit a “button” It was unintentional…I need to put my pudgy fingers on a diet or else pay better attention.

Or use a stylus like I do. :slight_smile:

My wife would take it away from me…thinking it was a dangerous weapon I could hurt myself with.

Well bless you alls heart,both of you are keepers-This latest keyboard messes with me(plus CT and the big A)The amount of good advice people get for their vital transportation,sure allows for a few mistakes once in awhile(its amazing what you can learn here)thanks-Kevin