To add or not to add, fuel additives for arctic winter temperatures

I did have a buck run by the garage one afternoon and scared the heck out of me, but big snakes? Uff da.

@TSM,it goes back much farther then that,anyways when my dwelling was set it was setup longside solar south,makes a difference in the winter.My dream is to build a passive solar earth bermed house,my carport works very well to keep the elements off my truck,but the summer storms will still drench stuff underneath it,it sets on the only level ground on this hillside so now I even do my oil changes underneath it-Kevin

@dagosa

Yeah I prefer detached too. Its only a benefit to have attached if you like to park in it. Friends asked why I didn’t insulate to conserve fuel- potential for vapors! That and leaky garage solved with excess heating capacity! I’ve welded, torched, heated in my garages all my life. Its not all that dangerous unless you do something really stupid. Like the guy at work that cleaned carpet glue off his basement floor using gasoline IN THE WINTER. Tragic result…

Had a turkey wander in and try to evict me. Birds are strange. Giant opening to fly back out but NO let’s stay in the rafters.

Birds are strange. Giant opening to fly back out but NO let's stay in the rafters.

I had that last year. I was wonder HOW I was getting bird-poop on my truck that was parked in my garage. Took almost a week for the damn thing to fly out.

Oh, Turkeys! They are one aggressive animal, and they are over-populating. There was an article in the St. Paul paper a week or so ago about mail not being able to be delivered to one house due to turkeys chasing and attacking the letter carrier.

Oh, Turkeys! They are one aggressive animal, and they are over-populating.

They’re all over Southern NH. I took a pic one day earlier this year showing some 20+ Turkeys in my back yard.

One of my relatives raises turkeys. He would agree they are more stupid than aggressive. During thunderstorms they often pile up in a corner of the barn, choking the ones below.

The wild ones are reportedly smarter, but that’s a matter of degree.

I don’t know about elsewhere but around here, they’re wicked aggressive. If they think you’re in their territory, they are relentless in pursuit and can inflict some real damage if you can’t outrun them. Not something you want to see peering down between your legs at you while you’re under the car.

They were hanging out on my roof at night to avoid the coyotes. First time was a bit disconcerting as it sounded like some dude walking around up there at 2 in the morning. They’re big and they go where they want to…

I don't know about elsewhere but around here, they're wicked aggressive.

They’re also BIG…There’s one Tom walking around in my neighborhood that’s over 3’ tall.

One of the comments in the paper was an old guy that was beseiged with them, took his shot gun and took out six of them before the rest got the hint. The Minnesota DNR paid him a visit and threatened to arrest him if he did it again. I suspect he didn’t care and would do it again. I’d be happy to be on the jury-no jury would ever convict him after hearing his story.

The other day I did my last official vehicle maintenance work out side…for three hours in the cold, I had to screw into my tractor tires, 320 ice studs, 80 per tire.I have to do it evey winter. Can’t do it till the ground freezes. Dread doing it every winter and taking them out in the spring. The snakes are hibernating I 'm sure.

Dag, I feel for you. I was a flightline guy in North Dakota and have countless not-so-fond memories of working on aircraft outside in sub zero temperatures.