Tire size substitution

Shop on line for your tires. Tire Rack has 10 tires from BF Goodrich, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Fuzion, Michelin, and Yokahama. Before you buy them, find a shop that will install the new tires for you and dispose of the old ones. Agree on a price and get the tires that fit your rims. All that assumes that you the installation price is satisfactory. BTW, Tire Rack can recommend an installer in your area. Click on the installation radio button at the bottom of the tire listing page.

Yeah, I agree. Like I said, I don’t think it would be worth it to do otherwise. As has been suggested a couple of times, Tire Rack does indeed have a good selection. I just have to find a dealer that will put them on for me. None of the chains will, not even a local chain. I live in Virginia Beach, Virginia if anyone knows a reliable installer that will take the job…

TireRack will help you find an installer.

However, if you’re having this much trouble, just “use” TireRack to find the tire you want, then buy it from a local shop. Also, I’ve never encountered a local tire shop that refused to install tires purchased from TireRack. I’ve done this several times and simply never had a problem.

I don’t understand why someone would buy tires online. Check www.tirerack.com for their return procedure - includes return shipping at your expense. I didn’t see anything obvious about warranty service. I’d prefer to buy from a local store. Plenty of places sell tires; no need for online purchase and the resultant complications if you have a problem with a tire.

I agree. I’ve found an independent tire place in Nashua, NH whose prices always are always better than tirerack.com. I’ve been buying from him for about 15 years. I’m sure many independents have prices and selection on par with the online stores.