Timing belt hack job! HELP!

Personally, I’m curious about these “gaskets and seals”.

TwinTurbo may be right. If those terms include (a) headgasket(s), an improperly installed and/or torqued gasket could blow a breech and cause lots of mischief.

OP, can you clarify? And tell us what make, model, and year of vehicle we’re discussing?

There’s a possibility the OP may not be back to fill in those little annoying things called details but let me throw something out there.

The OP says they “recently had a coolant leak”. Then they had the water pump, timing belt, etc. replaced.

What has been left unsaid here is the story behind the coolant leak.
How long was it leaking, how much overheating may have been involved, etc.?

If the car was overheated it’s possible a head gasket could have been hovering on the edge of flat giving up.
The shop replaces the t-belt, water pump, etc. and the car runs fine.
About 5 minutes after the OP left the shop the engine temp is rising, the cooling system is now pressured up, and a shaky head gasket has decided to buy the farm.

In a case like this it’s not the shop’s fault at all and the OP is simply a victim of circumstance; although continuing to drive an overheating vehicle is a self-generated circumstance.

Just theorizing without details anyway. What do you think?

Since the OP fails to respond, why don’t we simply ignore the issue until, and if, he does?

GEEZ Oldy…Get a life will you…WHERE did I JUMP on your question??? WHERE…Stop LYING just to cover your but. I NEVER EVER jumped on your statement…I WASN’T even responding to you…RE-READ the thread…You REALLY HAVE personal issues…

Kinda hard to be lying when everyone can read the thread. In another thread it was explained it was just my time to be the target of Mikes personality (or lack there of).

Hey OLD GUY…You seem to NOT understand the flow of this forum…You WRONGFULLY assumed I was replying to YOU…I WASN’T…YOU JUMPED ON ME for saying something…I WASN’T RESPONDING TO YOU…re-read the post…I was responding to EllyEllis…This forum only goes 3-tiers deep. After that it’s no longer indenting. So all the 3-tier threads look like they are posting to one above it…THEY AREN’T…You’ve been posting in the forum for HOW long now…and you haven’t figured that out yet???

My post was directed at the person I quoted- EllyEllis. I was actually agreeing with your position.

YES…exactly…I was responding to EllyEllis too…OldGuy WRONGFULLY thinks I’m replying to him because once it gets to the 3-tier it no longer indents.

By your dialogue “Want to explain that” it sure appears you are responding to me and all the way through this thread I asked who was responding to who,you chose to respond with sarcasam instead of explaining who you were responding to.

Mike, this time I am replying to your post. This is probably just what happened. “Second in order for it to slip…it means that when they put the belt on…they didn’t tighten the tensioner correctly.”

I am glad you kids quit fussing!!

Excellent theory ok4450. Sounds quite plausible to me.

By your dialogue “Want to explain that” it sure appears you are responding to me and all the way through this thread I asked who was responding to who

This forum has been this way for a couple of years now…It’s NOT hard to figure out.

ou chose to respond with sarcasam instead of explaining who you were responding to.

OH…so saying Turbo and me have no idea what we’re talking about ISN’T sarcasm?? You’re right…

Hey, Oldschool. my first comment " I bet it IS the timkng belt" was in reference to the Question the OP offered. Your post was the third one and mine was the next one, it was not refering to anything you said.

By the way, did you ever figure out why a clutch might slip more in a higher gear, say 4th or 5th, then it would in a lower gear, say 2nd or 3rd??

Mike, OLD GUY has trouble getting along with people, I have witnessed that in other fourms on here. He wanted to fight me for telling him a clutch would more likely slip in a higher gear than a lower one.