There has to be a story

My 2019 Honda Accord is yet to be taken back under the lemon law, but I have no intentions to ask for money, but rather ask for replacement delivery… and then offload it on the spot…
I see trade-in on 2021 already above what I paid originally for 2019 and 2021 are getting cleaned of the lot, so hopefully it gets upgraded into 2022.

I can imagine that the similar situation will never happen for the highly-reliable brand like JEEP :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My guess, the owner failed to make the payments, and the dealership repossessed the vehicle.

3 Likes

Yes, that is another possibility, but how could a VW dealership that could not have sold a new Jeep have repossessed that vehicle?

That is indeed puzzling. Remember when VW was having all those problems with emissions testing a few years ago? You know, where there were photos of 50,000 VW’s sitting in a big parking lot waiting to be shipped overseas b/c they couldn’t sell them in the USA? At that time here in San Jose the VW dealership switched strategies and sold mostly non-VW (new) trucks. But they’ve switched back to VW cars now.

Since we are guessing…
the OP ordered it for his wife for their 25 wedding anniversary. with the pandemic it took a long time to come in. when it finally did he gave it to his wife. a few months latter he found out his wife was cheating on him. he got so mad he took it to the nearest dealer to get rid of it. the VW dealer was the closest. he got what he originally paid for it. the dealer is selling it for more money than they gave the OP so everyone is happy. except for maybe the wife.
well that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. LOL

6 Likes

That’s as good as any other scenario.

The finance company orders the repossession, the vehicles are then sent to auctions. Half of our used car inventory comes from auctions.

1 Like

With a guitar and three chords you have a hit. :laughing:

1 Like

A co-worker decided after less than a year with his Toyota FJ Cruiser that it wasn’t the vehicle he thought it was going to be when he put in the deposit months before and couldn’t justify having so much money tied into one truck. Even though he could easily afford it. More comfortable driving older but maintained vehicles.

Well I’ll go along with part of this story except it was just the wrong color. Color is very important and they would have no problem dumping a car with the wrong color. It wasn’t said what color it was but in my mind I saw burgundy and it should have been black.

2 Likes

A friend of my grandparents was a top accountant in GM’s Fisher Body division for many years. As a GM executive he was required to always drive a new Buick or Cadillac.

So every year his only one year old top of the line car went to the used car lot where it was prominently featured while he drove the new model year’s replacement straight off the assembly line.

As to the current almost new Jeep spotted on a VW dealer’s used lot … hmmm … hey, at least it isn’t painted Mary Kay Pepto Bismal pink?

No, it’s sort of… Battleship Gray.