Synthetic Oil

RIGHT ON, CRANKWALK5. BEEN USING MOBIL 1 FOR OVER 20 YEARS ON ALL MY VEHICLES-SPORTS CARS, TRUCK AS WELL AS REGULAR EVERYDAY DRIVERS. REALLY IS THE SUPERIOR LUBRICANT. NOW THE NEW MOBIL 1 IS “GREEN”-0W-20, SUPPOSED TO BE THE MOST MPG FRIENDLY LUBRICANT MOBIL/EXXON MAKES. I WILL B RELACING IN SPOUSE’S VEHICLE THIS WEEKEND. LAST BATCH OF MOBIL 1 IN HER VEHICLE HAS OVER 15K ON IT (15 K MOBIL 1) AND IT SHOWS NO SIGNS OF THINNING. GREATEST LUBRICANT ON THE MARKET. ALSO, DON’T FORGET TO USE THE MOBIL 1 OIL FILTER, AS WELL.

I switched to synthetic (Mobil 1) from conventional oil in my current car about 5 years ago. What I’ve noticed:

-My engine with well over 200K miles on it uses about 1/2 to 1 quart of oil between 6,000 mile oil changes, compared to using 2 quarts of conventional oil between 3,000 mile oil changes.
-The syn. oil seems to stay cleaner a lot longer
-(It’s subjective) but the engine seems to idle quieter and overall be smoother
-I haven’t taken the engine apart to thoroughly examine it, but it seems to have no sludge forming under the oil fill cap, when so many of my cars have gotten ‘crusty’ deposits there after years.
-My engine seems to crank faster and be happier on the first startup of the day when the outside temp is 10 deg. F or colder.
-While the oil changes are about twice as expensive, I get at least twice the life out of the oil.

Personally, I’d never switch back.

You definately picked the right oil because Mobil 1 is a true synthetic - actually the only true synthetic.
The quieter engine is NOT a subjective experience. I and others share the identical experience.
This lubricant does not break down into sludge because it lacks the properties of natural oil which cause sludge to form. Check out the Exxon/Mobil website to see the scientific information there.