Super advanced timing

Red knox is right, an engine would not start nor run with the timing 53 degrees BTC. Might run backwards!!

@EllyEllis Haven’t heard from you in awhile . . . what’s up?

Oh, my PC is not working well, not much fun to fool with.

Mine is slow as a snail, at the moment

might have to buy my brother . . . an IT guy . . . a case of beer, so that he can “clean it up” as he likes to put it

The part that was not clarified was whether or not the 53 degrees referred to total advance.

In the case of the VW Westfalia I mentioned, that vehicle had 30 degrees of advanced static timing and would start right up every time with no balking. First trip on the highway it wiped itself out though…
Was total advance on that bus 53 degrees? Don’t know, never knew, and no way of telling on a pile of scrap metal.

db4690 Senior Grease Monkey I have had Dell Computers take over my computer several times to “fix” it. On Dec. 23rd they had it for over 7 hours and next day it was awful and still is. They were supposed to call back next day but did not. I keep getting messages like “Internet Explorer has stopped” or “Facebook isn’t responding”. Or “Cartalk is not responding”. I may call Dell again if I have a convenient time.

I get that “automatic update” crap too, Elly. I’ve been unable to find a way to make it stop.

And I too have lately been getting the “Internet Explorer has stopped” and “Cartalk is not responding” notices. I’ve been attributing it to the weather, since it started about three storms ago and has gotten a lot better lately.

You may want to call your internet carrier too. They may need to reset something. I had to do that a few storms ago too.

Let’s hope the automobile industry doesn’t start behaving like the computer industry. Imagine if you will having your car suddenly stop for “automatic updates” once or twice a month in the middle of your drive.