Sudden Unintended Acceleration Hyundai

My wife and I have been to a Hyundai dealership as well and have also been told by the service manager that he has never heard of this problem in Hyundai’s before. This I believe is just a smoke screen to divert liability and publicity about this problem. I would stongly suggest that you also E-mail the “National Highway Traffic Safety Administration” (NHTSA) and also call to report this strongly to Hyundai USA, even though they do not care and will give you the same run around as the Hyundai dealership people. I wish you very good luck and hope that your Hyundai vehicle like ours does not hurt or kill anyone. Please keep us informed on how you make out. Thanks!

I have a 2006 Santa Fe. My issue is a little different. I experience a sudden deceleration followed by a surge. It’s probably the vehicle recovering from the deceleration but it feels like a ‘surge’. It tends to happen after the car has been driven and warmed up for a bit. My dealer put it on the ‘scope’ and as with everyone else, it showed nothing. No codes; soft or hard. They decided it must be the throttle cable and replaced it yesterday but to no avail. I’m going to mention the Throttle Position Sensor when I take it back in next week.
thanks for the info.

Hello Terry2

It is a sure thing that Hyundai has a problem with “Sudden Unexpected Acceleration” in their vehicles. This is especially true of their older vehicles. Hyundai does not want to acknowledge that there is a problem, as this will cause bad PR and reduce their sales. The only recourse that I see is to report all these acceleration instances to the National Highway Safety Administration. This will get a possible recall started and matbe save an injury or death associated with this problem. I do wish you good luck with the dealership and I hope they solve the problem with your 2006 Santa Fe. My wife had the Throttle Position Sensor replaced on her 2006 Santa Fe and did not have an acceleration problem again for almost 3 months. Just recently she has had another acceleration problem and I was riding in the Santa Fe with her this time. Problem is maybe better, but does not seem to be completely solved yet. Again Good luck to you!

I have a 2005 Santa Fe that accelerates on and off all the time. I took it in to the dealership and they replace some kind of charcoal cannister but after a few days it still accelerates to fast on take off and I really have to hit the brake hard to make it stop.
I will call as some has suggested and report this problem to Hyundai…

Both my wife and I(Husband) are sorry you are experiencing this unintended acceleration, as it is very irratating as wellas extremely dangerous. As I have strongly suggested to many others that have this same problem with Hyundai Sante Fe’s and other Hyundai models, to please report this to the “National Highway Safety Administration” and to Hyundai USA. You will not get any help from Hyundai USA, but it will maybe prove to them that there is a serious safety problem with their vehicles. Reporting this problem to the “National Highway Safety Administration” will give this agency documented proof that there is a serious safety problem and just might start a vehicle recall process. I would also strongly advise that you keep copies of all communications as well. Both the NHSA and Hyundai USA can be found online. Have the dealership also replace the “Throttle Position Sensor” or TPS, as this has lessed the frequency that my wife has experienced the acceleration problem. Good luck to you and keep in touch.