Subaru Outback -MPG readout

subaru

Yeah I’ve got my dwell meter and timing light on the shelf. Geez haven’t used for what, 30 years? Last time I did drum rears, I broke my spring tool. Kept the pieces in case I want to weld it together sometime and yeah the adjusting tool-bent screwdriver thing, worthless now because the backing plates don’t have the adjusting hole anymore. Looked like you could knock it out but supposed to use a measuring tool to set the shoes. That was on my 86 Park Ave. anyway which has been gone for years. I’ve probably still got a can of paint for it though on the shelf. Gonna have to clean my paint cabinet out one of these days. Last time I cleaned it out I found a can of paint for my 59 Pontiac. Canyon Copper, DuPont Acry. Laq. Think I paid about $5 for it 40 years ago. Fire hazard.

My sister just took all the aerosol paint cans to the dump. Fire hazard locked up in a tin cabinet? She wanted to throw out the bar oil for my chain saw, 90 weight gear lube for the boat etc. “Lightening could hit it!” I am like when is the last time you heard of lightening blowing up a gas tank, like in our little or big boat, or a lawnmower left outside much less anything stored in a shed. A bit sensitive to this fire hazard theme right now. Was there a fake news story or something recently?

Naw, I just get monthly emails from my insurance agent on how to stay safe is all. Plus I’m out of room for paint storage and keep adding more.

You have just made my day, Keith! I have a 2016 Outback Premium and just in the past couple of days the MPG readout started getting wonky. I’m so glad I found this thread. I followed your advice, changed the A & B trip odometers to zero, then played with the thingies (technical term) on the left bottom side of the steering wheel - now all is back to normal and I can’t thank you enough!! I spent several hours trying to research this yesterday and just got more and more frustrated. No one on those sites had any clue. You are a rock star and I thank you for saving me a trip to the dealer and probably lots of $$$. Thanks from a 70 year old retired woman (who does read manuals). For those in the thread who assumed some of us are lazy, sometimes you just need a helping hand where to look or that there may be multiple steps to solve a problem. I’m happy to have joined this community - I love my Outback but odd little things will always come up. Now I know where to check first! From Annie