Strong floral scent

I have run the A/C on recirculate while running the sooner generator in the vehicle. I also thought of one other thing I have done which is to sprinkle baking soda in the carpet and leave it overnight and vacuum it out.

I found a cheeseburger in the armrest of a minivan when the kids were younger. And then, there was the bag of smelt that disappeared in the trunk of my Hillman after a fishing trip

1 Like

This dealer/rebuilder has no reason to find you a replacement . Why would they want your vehicle back if it does has a smell that can’t be eradicated ? Your vehicle probably had a Sold as is clause and I doubt if you had a warranty . Not sure what a suitable replacement means but they can just stall until you give up.

1 Like

If you or your wife is that odor sensitive you may wish to avoid “rebuilt” or other used vehicles in the future.

1 Like

Under normal circumstances, I would agree with you completely. However, this particular dealer is a proven man of his word. I did have a warranty - 4 months, full parts and labor. I’ ve got a 20+ year history with this man and we will finda a suitable replacement - which, defined, means similar miles (65-70K) but with a different interior, probably leather. I expect to pay the difference in value.

You give good advice. I’ve never had the resources to buy new. Of course, for a time, they have an identifiable odor, too. Would if I could😁

Since this car is new to you, & odor problem remains unsolved, were it mine I’d focus on:

• cleaning the HVAC ducts , may require expensive disassembly so do this last probably. Less expensive, check the HVAC drain pan and the drain is open, if you can find it.

• remove the seats (at least the fronts) & carpet. With those parts removed you can isolate them to tell if one has the odor, the others don’t etc, Could provide a clue.

• Remove the door panels, is the odor coming from any one of those?

1 Like

Careful with application.

1 Like

I hope it doesn’t come to disassembly of the interior! I’d never seen the ductwork / vent odor eliminator product. We have an Ace Hardware just a couple miles away from work - so it is available. As the weather warms and the “pores” in the material are opened by the heat, I’m going to begin again to treat it with ozone - maybe daily. I’m just amazed at the staying power of this scent - and no one seems to know what it is.

You are amazed at the staying of this oder . I am amazed that you have not replaced this thing . If either of us had a vehicle that the other could not be in that thing is going to be replaced .

As for your relationship with that dealer is so good why is he selling you rebuilt vehicles ?

That’s his business . . . rebuilding vehicles. He has a photo on his wall, taken about 3 years ago, of vehicle number 4,000. He’s been at it for a while. I’ve bought several, mostly minivans.