"standard" or "manual"?

What do you mean, Corvettes not included? The manual is the more sought after version than the automatic and commands a higher price. Did you mean that they also offer an automatic where the purist “sports car” does not? Just curious what you meant…

Without speaking for MASS, I took it to mean that a Corvette was one of the few he considered, legitimate sports cars sold in large numbers with an auto. Seems to make sense as a lot of exotics are sold that way as well. No bash on manuals what so ever. If you want to appeal to some crowds, and make the sales, you have little choice but to offer autos. That’s especially true when the automatic may make better performance easier to achieve for many buyers.

The honda S2000 didnt even have an option for an Automatic transmission. The 2006.5 - 2009 VW GTI was sold with something like 51% manual transmissions.

I know the new Volvo S40 and C30, volkswagen jetta’s and honda civics it less expensive to get a manual

The OP is just suggesting that the term “Standard” should be deleted and the terms “Manual” or “Automacic” should be used. Since the standard transmission in some cars are Automatics.

The GM car brochures had everything optional in those days. I remember seeing a Chevy II brochure that listed power brakes and “manual!!!” brakes, with the cost $45 more for the power brakes over manual.