Snowstorm Gridlock

Lots of cars today have a “PRN-1-2-3-4” or something similar. Mine has a “PRND-3-2-1”.

I too often use the “2” position in the conditions described. We had a storm a few years ago where it took me 4-1/2 hours to go 31 miles. While the car always starts out in first gear, keeping it from going beyond second allows better “bumper to bumper crawling” control.

In spite of the incredible pump from your workout, changing your schedule wouldn’t have helped much that day in that place.

““Park” § is the best gear to use during snowstorms…This avoids ALL adverse driving conditions…”

I’ve only got 1,2,3,4,N,R. What should I do?

Contrary to popular belief, Texans can indeed drive on snow, anybody can drive on snow. Texans should be so lucky as to get 4 inches of snow instead of a half inch of solid glazed ice from freezing rain which is so typical of a winter storm here.

Even snow storms in Texas are NOT considered snow storms. I agree…ANYONE can drive in those storms. We get ice here in NH also…And when you have a 10" snow-storm when it’s hear 0 degrees outside …not only do you have to worry about the snow…but ice under the snow. But I’ll even take the 200"+ each year of snow where I grew up…then having to deal with Tornado’s or Hurricanes or earthquakes.

P for park, if it’s that bad out he shouldn’t have been on the road. He should have gotten a room somewhere, even if it meant sleeping in the lobby. It wouldn’t have taken much to turn that 5 hour drive into days of waiting for help.

I see it way too often, people on the road when they shouldn’t be, and I’ve seen and heard too many people who died trying to get home. He put himself in a great deal of danger for basically nothing. I live in ND and it snows a lot here an I’ve stayed at work at home or where ever I’m at when that conditions are that bad. I can see a hour drive taking two hours but if it’s going to be longer than that he should say put and wait for the road to clear.

My opinions are subject to change with new facts.

R and the parking brake, and you should really look at the new cars, they have some really nice cars now, you don’t have to grease them every 1,000 miles and they don’t put out the emission driving down the freeway that your car does parked.

My opinions are subject to change with new facts.

That was back when governments did not demand 3/4 of your pay in taxes (half of that paid through increased product prices caused by business taxes). Now people have to work every day just to eat.

He should not have answered the phone while driving.