Small (used) truck

The other thing that edmunds.com would not take into account are repares with used parts. The Ranger has been basically unchanged for over a decade and bone yards have plenty of very inexpensive parts available for them. I have a Ranger, my buddy has a Tacoma, I can always find used parts where he has pretty much always had to buy new. Over the years that we have had these vehicles there has been 0 difference in reliability.

I’m NOT a Ford fan by any degree…If you look at my past posts…you’ll see me bashing Fords (and GM and Chryco) left and right. But for some reason the Rangers seem to be fairly reliable (at least of the 4-5 people I know who own them). Can’t say the same for the Torus or any other Ford.

agree with most every one here. i like ford trucks (not cars) dodge seems to rust out quicker and gm well their ok. but you say this will be a vehicle used occationally to haul gardenig supplies, furniture etc. depending on how occationally you drive it why not buy a ford f 150 (or similar larger truck). 4 (and even 6 cyl) trucks are at a premium. in my area (il) i’m seeing rangers and s 10’s that are 15-20 yr old rust-buckets going for 3 - 4 k. but i’m also seeing full size late 90’s trucks in good shape going for the same price. as an example i drive a little over 4k miles a year (another 10k on my motorcycle that gets 45 - 50) i just bought a full size mercedes v-8 it gets 20.5 on the hwy. and since i drive 1/3 of what most people drive in their cars per year it’s like getting 60 mpg, and REALLY comfy. i know i didn’t take into account the money i spend on bike gas but it’s 4am and my brain isn’t up for all that “cyferin”

just my $ .02

The 2005 to present model of the Nissan Frontier with a 4 cylinder engine and 5 speed manual would do well in hauling things around town yet still be small enough to fit into your garage nicely. I recommend the 5 speed manual because the automatic coupled with the 4 cylinder gets less gas mileage and doesn’t have the quiet the power.

“I’m NOT a Ford fan by any degree…If you look at my past posts…”

My first thought whe I read your first post was:

“Who are you, and what have you done with Mike?” ;’)

I’ll throw my vote in for the Ranger as well, but get the v6 version as some have said the 4 cyl isn’t up to snuff, especially with the auto trans. And, if you’re gonna load it down, you’ll want that extra power to get ya goin.