Slotted Rotors Rumble/Vibrate?

Yeah, I’ve read that this kind of customization is big in asian countries. Frankly, slotted discs seem pretty mild at this stage of the conversation.

If someone wants to add various parts to a vehicle that makes them feel better about their likely mundane boring driving appliance, let them.

Its no different than taking daily vitamins. While there is a tiny bit of health benefit most of its placebo and cost.

@Shadowfax - thank you for your straight answer, greatly appreciated. I personally like the look of the slotted rotors and for the same price as the OEM rotors - why not? Whether I’m getting improved braking from replacing pads with 60,000 miles on them (likely) or because of the upgraded pads/rotors is irrelevant - my car strops when I press the pedal! So thank you for those of you who responded.

Fair warning here, I used the EBC slotted rotors and EBC street pads on my Saturn once. They do grip a lot more that OEM, to the point that they were difficult to control in the rain. Without anti-lock, they would lock up the front tires (Bridgestone Turanza’s) if someone spit on the ground while barely touching the brakes. Very difficult to modulate in low traction conditions.

Heres the warning, they wear out VERY fast. My OEM brakes went 140k miles and still had some life left, they were not down to the mins. At 35k miles, the EBC pads wore down to the metal and ruined the rotors. I’m back to OEM and much happier with them.

BTW, even though the pads went metal to metal on one pad, all pads were about there and the rotors had worn down past the slots. The EBC just don’t last.

EBC’s do tend to wear. I have good luck with Porterfield, but caution that you should get the R4-S compound, not the R4, as R4 does not work well at all at street temperatures.

I replaced my front brake rotors and pads at 50K miles on my 2012 Chevrolet Impala LTZ with PowerStop Evolution drilled and slotted rotors and after 10K miles of continuous vibration from the brakes I replaced both rotors and pads with OEM parts and the vibration instantly went away. No more drilled and slotted rotor for me as they are more suited for the track and not a daily driver.