Should I hold on to my 2000 Mercedes S-500

$2000 a year I think.

I misread the S-500 insurance as months instead of annual . Then we find out there is an 18 year old in the home. That will cause high insurance rates . Joel needs to talk to his insurance agent and find out if there are any ways to lower the cost. We have a low annual mileage discount plus a bundle package.

1 Like

Heh heh. Your friends don’t like your car. Your son doesn’t like your car. But you like your car. Up to you but I’d keep it and switch to liability only.

4 Likes

I got excited just looking at that car.

2 Likes

If you ever get the chance, drive a 1970 300SEL 6.3. An amazing car.

1 Like

I have 2 kids under 18 with new licenses living at home, and no signs of flying the coup, as long as mom is doing laundry and the fridge is full, and yes i will be taking everyone’s advice here and drop some of the coverage.

1 Like

Probably hard one to come around as a mint, sounds like fun, do you have one? Would love to see a picture.

That is why the part about insurance cost is irreverent as to the S-500 . Without the young people the insurance on it would not really be much.

1 Like

No, i never got one, i have a 1960 Chrysler 300F, and a 1963 Lincoln 4 door convertible. If I ever did get a big Mercedes sedan, i’d want a 600.

1 Like

22 yrs old. Long time to own car,

1 Like

I agree with your decision to keep it. Gas cost is no concern since you drive it so little. If you wanted to buy one, I’d suggest you reconsider, but since you own it, keep enjoying it.

3 Likes

Also get your sons car out of the garage and yours in

2 Likes

Garage space at my place is strictly whoever gets there first.

2 Likes

My brother and his wife came up with a car and garage sharing system where he would put the car he drove home into the garage sometime around 8am and grab the keys to the car in the driveway when he left for work that evening. Leaving the car in the garage for his wife. Only fair way for them to split the VW GTI.

1 Like

You may not save much; the liability insurance is usually the greatest expense on a car of this value. Since you were able to buy a $112,000 car, you must be doing better than those who are reluctant to pay $2,000/year for car insurance.

1 Like

My wife and I both are Silicon Valley techies who now work from home all the time. We have rarely driven any of our cars in a while. Looks like that’s the way it’s gonna be for us going forward.

1 Like

More garbage from the department of redundancy department?

1 Like

A co-worker’s wife shared their cars this way—if a car was low on gas, she left that one for him.

@David-John David , you just repeated what the OP posted , Why ?

2 Likes

Because he can? Incapable of original thought? Any combinations of mental deficiencies? Could be anything, most of his/her/it’s posts are nothing but disjointed garbage anyways.

4 Likes