Shell vpower nitro for old car

Personally, I like the idea of Aspir-Beer. That’s beer with aspirin already mixed in…

LOL, I like that…
It’d be even better if they could make a beer with a driver in the can. To get you home. :smiley:

I first saw the Guinness widget in stout a number of years ago. An interesting way to provide a robust head on the beer.

I used to hear ads on the radio that invited me to see ‘NITRO-BURNING FUNNY CARS!’ I think they got only a quarter-mile on a tank.

Rockets burn hydrazine (N2H2) and liquid oxygen, which ignite on contact with each other.

"I think they got only a quarter-mile on a tank."
True, but man, could they get through that quarter mile fast!!!

ockets burn hydrazine (N2H2) and liquid oxygen, which ignite on contact with each other.

Hydrazine is N2H4 and is used by itself as a monofuel in rockets. It decomposes spontaneously in contact with certain catalysts and breaks down into ammonia, nitrogen and hydrogen in a decomposition reaction that is highly exothermic, producing temperatures in the 1000 to 1800 degree range. It’s used mostly in thrusters for satellites where simplicity and high reliability is needed.

High purity hydrogen peroxide is another rocket mono fuel that works similarly to hydrazine, in fact you can think of hydrazine as ammonia’s version of water’s hydrogen peroxide. (H2O2)

Speaking of hydrogen peroxide, high purity hydrogen peroxide will light your shoes on fire if you spill it on them and can decompose explosively if in contact with certain substances that act as catalysts.

I did an experiment with the 3 grades of fuel in this area quite a few years back. We have 87, 89, and 91-93 as the premium.

All the cars required a minimum of 87 octane and none suggested anything better. Some didn’t do any different with the mid grade and all ran WORSE and got WORSE mileage with the premium. Some did get better mileage and power out the the mid-grade but none were better off with the premium.

If your car calls for premium, by all means use it. It will run better with more power, get better mileage, etc. Most modern engines have a knock sensor to prevent self-destruction if you run lower octane than specified gas.

I don’t know what a Corolla calls for but would suspect 87. Use whatever is suggested in the manual.

The suggestion of keeping up on the oil changes is also a good one. Two other fluids that get neglected are the transmission and the coolant. Be sure you also take care of those as many people neglect those but change the oil more often than needed.

Remember that the body is the most expensive part of the car. Many cars get crushed with an engine that runs like new because of rust. That synthetic oil won’t help you one bit if the body rots away because of neglect. A buddy from Chicago had one this way. It ran fine but you had to worry about falling through the floor.

2000 Corollas require only 87 octane.