Secure Battery in battery tray

@dagosa‌

Here in Southern California, the heat ensures that batteries don’t last 10 years

Every battery that I’ve replaced on my personal vehicles was because it was over 4 years old, wouldn’t hold a charge, and fell flat on its face. Just for kicks and giggles, I’ve actually charged and tested a few of these batteries, before heading off to Costco. In every case, they failed miserably.

On my brother’s Toyota, the original battery (Panasonic) failed after about 4 years. He left the radio on for 10 minutes after shutting the engine off. It wouldn’t start. We jumped it, then I charged and tested it. It fell flat on its face, and I headed to Costco.

As far as those NAPA batteries, I’ve personally had bad experience with them. Their batteries don’t last very long, and the free replacement period is usually much shorter than the Costco batteries. Financially speaking, NAPA batteries are a bad investment, in my opinion.

We use them at work occasionally. Every single time, we’ve regretted it, and the batteries tend to fail before 2 year’s time

That is just about the only reason the only think of to live in Maine instead of So. Calif. My next new lead acid battery could be your old one, maybe. A recycling rate of 96.5% is higher then aluminum cans, newsprint and glass. It’s probably the biggest reason we stick with these old tech solutions.