Road rage karma, your story?

That is normal for Atlanta.

1 Like

I donā€™t think this qualifies as road rage but certainly karma. A guy in an old pickup pulls onto the freeway doing about 55 when all the traffic is going about 75, including me. He immediately crosses two lanes of traffic into the far left lane right in front of me, still only doing about 55.

After a moment of very hard braking, I squeeze the two imaginary triggers on my steering wheel to the imaginary 50 cals on the front of my vehicle and suddenly a large cloud of (not imaginary) blue smoke comes out from under his hood and he limps into the center divider as I go by.

1 Like

Wonder if this qualifies, boom boom stereo getting passed by an extra loud harley goosing the gas, just happened! Just sitting on the porch watching te world go by

It takes a while for some of these to come back. In Minnesota at certain times of the year, in the early morning hours, you need to be careful of frost on the roads. It doesnā€™t look so serious but can be very slippery. So on the way to work one morning the road was frosty and I suppose I was going 55 or so in a 70. A guy with a 4 WD Bronco or something similar zooms by me (maybe not zoom but a good 5-10 mph more than me). He barely gets by me and starts to slide. I miss him as he makes a couple 360ā€™s then hits the shoulder, bounces with his fat tires, and over he goes. Ruined his morning. Yeah 4WD has no better traction for stopping or staying on the road than 2WD, and once you start to slide, good luck.

2 Likes

This is more appropriately called aisle rage than road rage, but many times in the grocery store I have had to pull to the side of the aisle while a white haired little old lady comes flying past with a loaded grocery cart.
It really gets bad when they race to beat other customers to the checkout lane. At least on the highway I feel somewhat protected in a closed car. Being out in the open behind a grocery cart dodging these old female white haired shoppers requires considerable avoidance skills with the grocery cart.

2 Likes

Get behind an old Asian woman in the 20 items or less checkout line at Walmart who has a basket loaded to overflowing and wants to negotiate the price of each item in the basket with the clerk.

2 Likes

We have a lot of road construction in my part of the world, which can lead to traffic backups at times.

Some drivers, with truck or SUV-type vehicles, took to driving through the median to the parallel service road. Which is highly illegal, but if ā€œeveryoneā€ is doing it and the cops arenā€™t around, itā€™s harmless, right? Once day, I saw such a yahoo driving through the medianā€¦only to be cut off by a highway patrol officer, lights a-blazing.

Another time I saw a, shall we say, lower profile car trying to cross the median, and he got stuck in the median. And then the highway patrol showed up to ā€œassistā€ him.

1 Like

30+ years ago on the Grand Central Parkway in Queens, there was a guy cutting in and out in traffic in rush hour in the morning. There is really no point in that. Finally he decided to break into the right lane line, which was basically stopped, for an exit and was immediately hit from behind. Gotta say I rolled down the right window and me and my car-poolers gave him "encouragement :slight_smile: ".

1 Like

Itā€™s a cultural thing. In some cultures the marked price is only the starting point for negotiations. Also cutting in line versus waiting your turn, patiently. Iā€™ve never been sorry coming back to Minnesota from other lands.

Heading south on I 35 there was a full court press and cars stopped for as far as you could see with little idea of when the road would clear. Some of us saw it in time and didnā€™t venture down the entrance ramp. Some were not so lucky and got stuck on the ramp with nowhere to go. So one guy decides to turn around and drive back up the entrance ramp and a local patrol was sitting at the top of the ramp waiting for him.

Iā€™ve often thought about that and seems to me if the police were there, they should have directed the traffic off of the ramp and closed it instead of forcing people to wait there for could be hours. So I have sympathy for people trying to extricate themselves from a bad situation. Rarely is this a real safety issue, whether legal or not. I ran into a traffic block one night where both lanes were shut down due to a bad accident. There were waiting for the helicopter before they would even start to open the road. I got there at the tail end so only had a 45 minute wait. Before all the cell phone apps and navigation, road information was helter skelter.

2 Likes

I have been to places where that is the norm!

Maybe it was ā€œthe little old lady from Pasadenaā€? ā€œgo granny goā€

1 Like

I have too. But Walmart is NOT one of those places.

2 Likes

Better wear closed toe shoes when shopping.

After reading several stories here I feel compelled to tell my most serious road rage story. 60+ years ago when returning home with dad from the country on a 2 lane rural road we found ourselves behind a road grader at the center of the road traveling at walking speed. Dad blew the horn waited a few minutes then blew it again but the driver paid no attention despite having enough shoulder to get out of the way which he occasionally did when he met cars. After several miles dad drove off onto the shoulder with the left tires in a shallow ditch and passed the grader. In less than a mile we were at a low, narrow underpass where dad stopped, blocking the road and when the grader arrived dad walked back and pulled the man off his seat and literally beat the heck out of him, then got back in the truck and proceeded on without a word being said. The curious thing is I had never known dad to be violent and I donā€™t know of anything like that ever happening again.

1 Like