Rhino liner paint job

Choose a lighter color, the roof doesn’t have to black.

Cargo%20box%20coating

1 Like

By the way, the original color of my car is dark gray, same color as most rhino liner

1 Like

That’s what trees are for! I find myself looking for parking spots in the shade in Florida. My wife likes that. Even light colored, reflective vehicles can turn into solar ovens when sunlight comes through glass and heats the interior.

Sometimes I have to park in the sun at the beach. So what! It is so worth it to be there that getting into a hot car for a couple minutes doesn’t bother me too much. The wonderful weather is the price one pays to be in paradise and it is well worth it!

I don’t concern myself with things like hot cars, ha, ha. I do get enough fiber. One has to save complaints for important matters. Want to see hot? Take a look at me after a daily bicycle ride!
CSA
:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

Did a study with my black trailblazer vs buds white, If I recall correctly it was a 3 degree interior temp difference.

1 Like

Rhino liner is a good way to ensure ice damages your roof. Not to mention moss and vegetation. I’d advise against it simply because it is so textured. Hopefully there is an alternative.

Okay everyone?

Do you think Rhino Liner can support an ecosystem?

Tester

Doubt it…

In one of DJ’s other threads he says he is on the island of Oahu .

Why not sand the roof down, Prime it, and use rattle cans to paint it? You can probably match the original color reasonably well. It’ll be closer than the rest of the exposed surfaces to the original color.

1 Like

Rattle can a paint job?

Looks worse than Rhino Liner.

Tester

1 Like

Nonsense. I have som cars where I painted inner fender liners, firewall, frames with rattle cans. You could comb your hair in the reflection. I’ve painted grills, fender trim parts, door panels, motorcycle gas tanks…plenty of things that turned out very nice using spray cans. It helps to have an automotive paint store fill them, they have good nozzles compared to cheap cans elsewhere and can add hardeners to improve abrasion and solvent resistance…but you can get a pretty darn good finish using them with a little practice…

3 Likes

Why would a Rhino Liner grow things on the roof when it doesn’t grow them in the bed?

1 Like

For the roof, I recommend using bedliner that is UV resistant like the U-POL Raptor.

Instead of bed liner, check out using Plasti-Dip. That’s become a popular alternative to paint. Another option would be getting the roof “wrapped”.

Lots of colors, either way.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know!

Or, Rustoleum Peel Coat works good.

Comes in all kinds of colors.

Tester

Doesn’t that come in a rattle can? :smile:

There’s lots of vids on youtube of people painting their cars with plasti dip or regular old rustoleum rattle can paint. The rattle can paint can look quite good but it’s a lot of coats and sanding to get it nice.

That Rustoleum Peel Paint sounds good. But the directions sound like it’s for smaller areas like trim, rather than a whole roof? Also it says to peel it off every 6 months? So it would only be a temporary fix? Thanks

Then do the Rhino Liner.

That’s permanent.

Tester