Repair kits suggestions for car

I am NOT fine towing a trailer behind you

1 Like

Really they’re both jokes. But imagine being out in the middle of nowhere in an unreliable car, but you have a 300 pound load in the back which is your small motorcycle. It’s not entirely impractical for someone who rides.

Nope

you were serious

2 Likes

I have three cars, two mid-90’s and the third 2007. In the last 15 years, I needed roadside work for each one just one time.

1. Locked my keys inside the truck when I was 90 miles from home.
  2. ECU went bad and tow needed while near home.
  3. Hit a terrible pothole which put a non-repairable gash in the sidewall. My donut had not been filled in 15 years, and was at 20 psi. instead of 60. Drove to a pump just a block away.

I vote for Tester’s AAA and a cell phone.

1 Like

My auto insurance offers a rider for road-side assistance that’s much cheaper AAA.

I think I pay about $30 a quarter for Amoco/standard, and I don’t know who bought them now. My main thing is I’ve got one 800 number to call no matter where I am or when. I also have the State Farm towing for about $10 a year. It just reimburses is all and never use it. Yeah aaa is not the cheapest but we’re the first and have to have it if you have their insurance. There are also other benefits if you want to join the club, but I don’t.

Consider what you are willing to or capable of undertaking road side and let that be your guide. From the experience of having the tire iron in my old Ford Ranger bend before loosening the lug nuts, I carry a tire wrench or breaker bar with appropriate socket. If you know you’ll wait for roadside service, you don’t even need that. A spare serpentine belt seems like cheap insurance, just make sure you also have what you need to release the tensioner. Gloves, rags, waterless hand wash, tie wire.

Weekend road trip w/just in case tools 'n sundries- gotta go back forgot the duct tape!

3 Likes

What is wrong with people like that, it is so obvious that car needs air shocks/helper springs… :laughing:

2 Likes