Question about Fuel and ethanol

I envy you. I would buy the non ethanol fuel in a heart beat for my boats and small engine tools. I have had nothing but problems with carborator fowling and would easily pay the extra for a more dependable fuel supply.

Most countries ‘afford to keep importing oil’ just fine, most countries in Europe and Asia are not self sufficient. That simple reason is not the cause of our economic problems.

North America could produce all the oil we need if ……   

True, as long as the oil holds out.   It should last longer than I will and maybe something else will come along in the mean time, or maybe not.  It is my grand and great grand kids that are going to be in trouble, unless some sort of yet un-know technology can bail them out when the time comes.  

"Has anyone seen a good current study of the total impact of ethanol as a automotive fuel, in the US today, including pollution, total cost etc, in the US today. Likewise world wide?"  (quote from an unanswered question above)

“North America could produce all the oil we need if Obama and democrats would stop blocking production and transportation of it at every chance they get.”

So, we didn’t import oil while George W. Bush was in office?
Yeah, let’s get a Republican back in there so things will be peachy keen again…

“North America could produce all the oil we need if Obama and democrats would stop blocking production and transportation of it at every chance they get.”

North America does produce almost all of the oil products we use. 85% of all oil products used in the US are from the US (51%), Canada (25%) and Mexico (9%).

http://205.254.135.7/energy_in_brief/foreign_oil_dependence.cfm