"Prius = Dork"

They are. They’ve dropped out of school, are living on welfare and your tax dollar from your work is supporting them. (The have-nots always make fun of the haves.) Seriously, you are to be congratulated on your drive, ambition and hard work and for ignoring the “dork-stamp” comments.

Get a Civic instead of the Prius. It may not equal Dork, but it does equal pretentious.

I love my Prius. When I got mine, my husband got ‘Prius envy’ and bought one, too. Then my parents jumped on the bandwagon and got one. We’re not all dorks, but we save lots of money on gas! I live in Maine, on the coast, and my Prius kicks butt in the winter on icy roads, has extradimensional space for stuff and is comfortable, even for tall teenagers who complain a lot about legroom. Love it!

I love my white Prius and was happy that one like it was featured in the Weird Al viddy for “White and Nerdy.” Al Gore’s son was pulled by the cops for cruising in his Prius at 100+mph. It is even comfortable for tall people. There are many Priori where I live, near RTP.

Remember that any and all attitude that you display towards your mother will be revisited on you by your children present or future. Tread Carefully!

Dorky

People rationalize their buying of foreign makes in a number of different ways in order to justify their purchases. These car companies have been selling cars in earnest, in our country, for years. Some have divisions in the U.S., although their world headquarters are in foreign countries. All these manufacturers have parts suppliers and assembly plants here and employ U.S. workers, but take a look at where the companies’ world headquarters are located and where customers’ ultimate support is going.

General Motors: United States based auto maker, Detroit Michigan, United States, since 1908
Ford: United States based auto maker, Dearborn, Michigan, United States, since 1903
Chrysler: United States based auto maker, Auburn Hills, Michigan, United States, since 1925
Toyota: Japan based auto maker, Tokyo, Japan, post WWII
Honda: Japan based auto maker, Tokyo, Japan, post WWII
Volkswagen: German based auto maker, Wolfsburg, Germany, post WWII

CSA
America, What a country!

Prius does not equal dork.

Try being a teenager driving a Ford Fairmont. That does equal dork!

Take a look at it --> www.adclassix.com/ads2/78fordfairmont.htm

I don’t think Prius = Dork…
Prius = Too lazy to switch to Biodiesel

I do get a kick out of the Prius drivers in Massachusetts who drive 80 mph… kind of defeats the purpose a little.

Another example of the pretentious DORKS who drive a Prius “I live in Maine… on the coast”. Don’t kid yourself sweetheart… your “we save lots of money on gas!” comment is bogus. You would and other Maine/NH people would save more money if you worked in your own state instead of commuting to Massachusetts. I think it’s time look for a new job… like at L.L.Bean or fishing for lobsters.

I’ll stick with my 5.7L Jeep thank you very much… a real vehicle (20 mpg with a CAI). Oh and it’s green… the color that is.

Man, I don’t get it, somebody’s happy with what they buy, it’s doing for them exactly what they want, they’re getting 45 mpgs, and you have a PROBLEM with that?!? Sheesh…

That Proves It. Prius = Weird Al Gore = Weird Al Yankovich = Weird White And Nerdy!

I think the Prius was specifically engineered for those who spent most of their time in high school getting stuffed in lockers…

. . . By People Who Were Stuffed Into Lockers, Following A Good Wedgie.

Can we get the terms correct? A dork is a idiot, a geek or nerd is not. I listened to this show on podcast today. With my audio Bluetooth connection, the podcast started playing as soon as I turned on my sunroof/solar roof equipped new Prius. It’s a little cool, so the heated seats (alright, that surely doesn’t help the gas economy)warmed my derriere in the leather seats. Didn’t have to go looking for the key; the smartkey unlocked the car while staying in my purse. Nerd maybe, liberal climate loving smug freak probably, dork, no way!

I park my Prius in the garage next to my 1983 Porsche 928S and 2009 Husaberg FE450 racing dirt bike. The 2008 diesel Ford F-250 Super Duty doesn’t fit in the garage. My 2002 Honda GL1800A is almost as large as the Prius so it has to sleep in the 2nd garage behind the house.

I consider each of these to be the best examples of performance vehicles in their respective classes. Nothing else does the job each specializes in as well.

Sadly there are no roads where the Porsche can be driven in its proper element.

Amusingly, the Prius costs less to operate than the motorcycle. 50+ MPG (measured at the pump) for the Prius, 42 MPG for the GL1800. 40,000+ miles on $400 of tires for the Prius, but only 12,000 miles for the GL1800.

Or your mom’s daddy’s name is John Force.

A Tesla is as “green” as it gets. But definitely not “dorky”.