Premature wear of one spark plug electrode

If I ruled the world every switchmode power supply would have an SCR “crowbar” (over voltage protection) on the output.

1 Like

Off topic but last year I installed a whole house surge protector just in case. About $100. I know it is not up to snuff for the some of the pros but should help in a lightening storm. Yeah if you check voltage on house current, it can fluctuate quite a bit. It will only get worse.

I was going to post a link to a youtube on fake NGK plugs that I ran across. But there are so many of them, I’m not going to bother. A lot of them coming from Amazon. I had no idea it was that much of a problem but they even have an 800 number to call to confirm the manufacturing lot number is real. Just plug in Fake NGK Plugs on youtube and your screen will fill up.

Believe it or not, ngk.com seems to be a legit distributor of NGK plugs.

1 Like

There are fake Motorcraft plugs on Amazon too. so, I guess there will be fake plugs for all manufactures.

Again, I find it cheaper to pay full price at a brick and mortar parts store. I once got garbage Gillette razor blades. I thought these cannot be real as they were so bad. I did a quick search and it is like the fake NGK plugs. They are EVERYWHERE and my packaging matched the fakes.

The internet is just so full of scams these days.