Pre-emissions means premium prices on John Deere

Other manufacturers have discontinued printed manuals too. They’re becoming a thing of the past.

Those are two different types of lawsuits.

One is a contract agreement, the other (Disney) is brand infringement. ALL large companies (AND I MEAN ALL) have a slew of lawyers defending their brand.

This is nothing new. And yes manufacturers MUST allow other repair shops access to the software.

This plagued the computer industry decades ago, and it was settled then. IBM at the time tried to keep a lock on their disk-drive and tape-drive business, but not allowing other manufacturers like Memorex access to their software so businesses could use Memorex disk and tape drives instead of IBM’s. Manufacturers MUST allow this or they may be consider a monopoly. Apple even tried it with their Mac’s and even their Iphone. And every time these manufacturers lost their case.

Even the amish are upgrading their technology. They are using tractors now days. My grandpa has tons of horse drawn equipment. He invited an Amish man to look at it and see if he was interested in buying. The Amish basically told my grandpa that it was all junk and the Amish now use tractors. I think this vary based on region. I have seen amish tractors that have converted tires to steel wheels.

Just sayin’!

I have heard Rush Limbaugh and Bill O’Reilly personally endorsing imported tractors. At the time I wondered if either of them knew how large an acre was or what draw bar power meant. Maybe those two are going for the Lonesome Rhodes market.

Some sects of the Amish are more liberal than others. I have heard of one incident where they could use a tractor to power a threshing machine, but they had to hitch horses to it to pull it to the next field, they couldn’t simply drive it there.
Different sects have different rules. Some have to cut the pockets off of their new clothes before they can wear them.
Like a lot of other strict fundamentalist religions, they also are real keen on what the rules DON’T say.

I guess it may be different within the Amish. I quite often take the back roads through Amish country, just to stop at a favorite bakery. I pick out Amish homesteads due to the lack of electric wires and dishes for tv mounted on the roof
Now wildcat Mountain State park WI is near an Amish settlement area, was surprised when a van full of Amish pulled in to the lookout on the top of a switchback road to the park overview, my first thought they chastise her on Sunday and love her the rest of the week. Great people, my heart goes out to them for following their beliefs, they are, hard working, denying the comfort for the pursuit of a good life, and not destroying manuscripts and artifacts as some religious believers are.
Where I go through no mechanical plows.

The amish that I have run across will ride in car’s with non amish freind’s driving they do not drive or own car’s.

Some are allowed to use telephones, but not own them, so you see little outhouses next to their homes which are really “public” phone booths.

1 Like

Yeah I think they are all different. I had an office in Rochester, MN and when I’d visit the Menards there, you’d see a lot of Amish from that area. They all had new pick up trucks but wore the traditional garb-black suits and hats and the women wore the long dresses and whatever you call those caps.

per Wikipedia:

Heavy bonnets are worn over the prayer coverings when Amish women are out and about in cold weather, with the exception of the Nebraska Amish, who do not wear bonnets. Girls in some areas may wear colored bonnets until age nine; older girls and women wear black bonnets

That depends on the sect. Not all sects user tractors. Then there’s the Mennonites.

Might have been Hutterites. There’s a colony south of Rochester. They’re similar but they don’t generally have the technology avoidance the Amish do, and they use the pickups in support of their hog rearing operations.

The Amish would be partial to diesel power (no electricity needed after starting).

Well could be Hutterites. Now I don’t know if its Menonites or Hutterites in South Dakota but my niece taught there a little. I went through one of their wood shops and it was like going back in time to the turn of the century with the single drive shaft in the ceiling and leather belts running the equipment. I do have to give these groups credit though. They are hard working, put their beliefs into action, don’t tell everyone else how to live, just want to be left alone, and never have to worry about being cheated by them.

Or during starting either.