Possible Damage in spinout?

If you want to gain skills taking corners at high speed, I suggest learning that on a race track, not on public roads

By the way, the road could not have been very wet if your tires were squealing.

1 Like

How did the Dukes of Hazardā€™s ā€œ69ā€ Charger always squeal the tires on dirt and gravel?

1 Like

Yeah, there were quite a few things on Duke of Hazard that were fun to watch, but didnā€™t make much sense :smile:

Interestingly enough, among all the tv channels that broadcast oldies, I havenā€™t seen too many that show Dukes

I realize some aspects of the show are no longer politically correct, but if you keep in mind it was a product of its time, I find it entertaining

Another thing I found amusing was that Roscoeā€™s fenders would always seem to fall off of his patrol car

Dukes of Hazard is politically incorrect to air reruns due to the confederate flag I heard, maybe fake news. I hated the canned laughter that was on so many shows, may still be for all I know.

1 Like

Thatā€™s one of the politically incorrect aspects I was referring to. Or perhaps it could be called ā€œinsensitiveā€ or ā€œno longer appropriateā€

I will admit as Iā€™ve aged, Iā€™ve come to realize that many of my prior viewpoints, opinions, etc. were wrong or inappropriate. But I didnā€™t know it at the time. Iā€™m not going to mention just what those viewpoints were, though. But thatā€™s the nature of the beast . . . as people age, some of their viewpoints are bound to change. I doubt thereā€™s an adult whoā€™s lived to middle age or old age, who has not had one single viewpoint that has changed over the course of their lives. You donā€™t have to announce to the world ā€œI was wrongā€ or ā€œMy opinion has changedā€ but you should at least admit it to yourself

Iā€™m not sure that applies to Dukes of Hazards . . . ?

Does anybody happen to know the exact number of General Lees that were used during the filming of the tv series?

Right off of a Google Searchā€¦

ā€œSomewhere between 256 and 321 ā€œGeneral Leeā€ cars were created and mostly destroyed during the series. Less than 20 in various states of disrepair still existā€

Apparently the exact number is still elusive. I am amazed at the amount of cars they wrecked. I was thinking 50 or so but obviously waaaay low! :open_mouth:

I did not mean to imply Dukes of Hazard used canned laughter, not sure if they did or not, just recollecting a pet peeve about old showsā€¦

1 Like

Glad Iā€™m not the only one ! I canā€™t watch a program with canned laughter.

1 Like

Iā€™ll second that!

TV shows still do canned laughter. especially for the really bad ones that not even a studio audience will laugh at.

If you need canned laughter, I donā€™t need to watch it.
When the promo slots arenā€™t even funny, I donā€™t need to watch it.
If it has two bankable (read expensive) actors in it so they canā€™t afford good writers, I donā€™t need to watch it.

1 Like

Hereā€™s some cars, soon to be wrecked

I always liked ā€œFlashā€ . . . nothing inappropriate about that

2 Likes

I always like Daisy, (Catherine Bach) the dog had a name?

I think cars have be squealing tires on dirt since talking movies were inventedā€¦

You can find attractive women on many tv shows

But you canā€™t find Bassett hounds on many

Columbo and Dukes are the only ones that come to mind at the moment

Coach had one for awhile. Hayden referred to it as ā€œthe bag a dog used to be in.ā€

There was one on an episode of Andy Griffith, too. :wink:

I used to have bassets, so I notice these things.

ā€œThe Peopleā€™s Choiceā€. Dogā€™s name was Cleo.

1 Like

I think you are correct plus every car that goes off a cliff bursts into flames.

ā€¦andā€¦somehowā€¦in a lot of films the car changes from one make or model to another as soon as it goes over that cliffā€¦

And sometimes it changes shows, too!

CHiPs was very good at changing vehicles during a crash. One episode they were trying to open the trunk of an Impala, couldnā€™t get it open, pushed over an embankment, it turned into a Biscayne and the trunk immediately popped open as it left the road.