Overprotective parent

It sounds like you could properly maintain two cars for the effort you are putting in to yours. Compression testing? Removing injectors for cleaning? You are a little over-the-top there.

Dial back your efforts to just the recommended maintenance schedule, plus the auto tranny fluid, brake fluid, and coolant changes that are sometimes overlooked in maintenance schedules. Pay the mechanic to do the messier jobs like auto tranny fluid. I maintain 4 high mileage cars without making too much of a dent in my schedule. Two of them have over a quarter million miles on them, and still look and run great, so I think that my maintenance is adequate.

I have to agree with hellokit.

I am also somewhat obsessive with things like car maintenance, finances, and a few other things.
I have attempted to help friends, relatives, and significant others with car maintenance and with finance-related issues simply because I do know more about these topics than they do.

When they do something (or fail to do something) that will be self-defeating in the long run, I want to help them. I explain that taking a particular action will save them money in the long run, or that they can extend the life of their car, or that they can avert a mechanical breakdown if they do what I recommend. In most cases, they do not want to do what I have recommended. Then, I have usually ratcheted up the force of my recommendation, simply because I know that they are being ultimately foolish and short-sighted. And, in almost every case, this has led to a high level of tension.

Trust me, even though you are trying to do the right thing, it is not worth the effort. Someone who is prudent will take good advice, such as you are giving, but many people are not prudent.

People who don’t understand the issue–be it car-related, or finance-related–have to learn what happens when they take a certain action, and they have to learn what happens when they fail to take action. Sad to say, many of these people will only learn when they are finally hit with the consequences that we knew were coming.

Unless you are already financially tied to your fiance, then I suggest that you jut let the chips fall where they may with her car. To “butt heads” with her in an attempt to be proactive and prudent will only frustrate you and will endanger your relationship.

Chill out, let her do what she wants, and when the inevitable happens, try to calmly explain how that could have been avoided. Just be sure to avoid the “I told you so” mode.

If you have time enough to post drivel like this, you have PLENTY of time to pull her injectors for ionized cleaning…

Don’t forget about the blinker fluid and replacing the ball bearings in the muffler.

Boy Wildiferlife, I bet you got more advise than you ever thought you would. It’s your car, you can blow whatever money you want on it. The thing that caught my attention is the injector cleaning. Between the design of the injectors these days and the detergents in the gasoline,they don’t foul up. Not like the older injectors. They are built and positioned in the combustion chamber so any residue, gum,sludge, what have you that might start to collect on the nozzle gets burned off during the ignition process. I see that an the most probable future problem, even if you are using new o-rings each time they install the injectors or fuel rail, you’re taking a chance of pinching the oring and setting yourself up for future failure. So take all this advise, or don’t, and understand that we know it’s your money, and it is, afterall a free country and you’re free to blow it any way you wish.

I have to wonder how it was possible for my Dakota to go 623,000 miles without removing and cleaning the injectors.

Either you have waaaaay too much time on your hands or you are unbelievably anal.
Will you please relax and find something more productive with your time.

Today’s vehicles are designed to go up to 100,000 miles with you only checking fluid levels and a minor check of tires and brakes and after that, only minimal maintenance is required.
And they don’t need a tune-up. Really.

Would you use the Amsoil oil filter and oil and change them at 5,000 miles? Even though both have a rated service life of 25,000 miles?

More important;
Marriage is not advanced dating. When you marry, everything becomes the property of each and both. The man usually handles the outside of the house and vehicles and the woman, the rest.
If you really want a life of pleasure, spend your day doing things to make her life easier.