Overheating after head gasket, radiator flush, and new thermostat

My point is that the gauge may be reading artificially high and yes, running the heater will drop it down some gauge error or not.

About once a year (usually right around the start of summer) the local TV stations recycle that tired old news stories about how to keep your car on the up and up during the summer driving season.
One they beat to death every year is that if your car is overheating turn the heater on, roll the windows down, and everything will be ducky until you can get it looked at.
Wonder how many engine roastings have happened because of this tip. :frowning:

Did you put in a certified mfg. made head gasket? some third party head gaskets have smaller or different hole patterns that do not let the same amount of coolant through the head. Though this is not a hazard to your engine, it could account for the slight change in gauge reading. by opening the heater valve, you not only add to the cooling radiator capacity, but you increase the coolant flow to the radiator in some cooling system confirgurations.

If you have replaced your water pump, thermostat, head gasket and radiator this sounds like your motor is over heating due to lack oil oil transport. Try changing your oil pressure sensor. A way to determine if it is bad is the unusual fluid level. Your dipstick will show you that your oil level is above full level but your vehicle will not be smoking. You can also determine your oil pressure sensor is bad when your oil light comes on after an oil change and/or when your dipstick reads normal levels. This was my issue when I changed all the components that was related to my cooling system and realized the motor wasnā€™t distributing the proper oil.

The OP likely no longer has the car since this thread in more than 9 years old.