Octane switch at pump

I’m confused…if you select E10 there’s going to be as much E10 as you pump. If you select E0 there won’t be any if the E0 comes out of a separate hose (see my previous post directly above yours)

And if it is a single hose, you’ll need to pump a couple of gallons of E0 into your car before you fill your portable can.

My snowblower is from 1989, still running strong on E10, don’t recall if the pump I get non-oxygenated premium for my boat is a single hose, 6 gallons at a time no issues. There was a post concerning this a while back. I do not recall how much of the other gas could be in the hose.

PA department of weights and measurements says 1.5-2 gallons to clear the hose and the bowl.

1 Like

My point is to find a dedicated pump hose is rare or nonexistant.

Seperate E0 hoses abound in south west Florida. Boats and lawn care companies are frequent customers

The few stations around here that sell E0 have a separate pump.

One of my snow-blowers I bought new in 1987. It’s at a duplex I sold last year. Never had a problem with it. My home snow-blower I bought 25 years ago when I built my house. Again no problems what-so-ever. My lawn mower is also 25 years old and no problems what-so-ever. There are zero E0 stations near me.

I buy ethanol free 50:1 mixture for my snowblower in cans that cost about $5 a liter. It did o.k.on gas from the pump where I mixed in the 2 stroke oil. However, I had a 2 stroke rototiller that started easier with the prepared fuel, although it was always difficult to start. I got fed up with the tiller and replaced it with a tiller with a four stroke engine. I continued to use the prepared fuel in the snowblower. I didn’t have a long driveway–I can do my drive and sidewalks in 20 minutes, so the fuel cost is negligible.

That must be more unique to your area. Put the first 2 gallons in your car, then the rest in the gas can. Then you won’t have to worry about the Ethanol