Now I know why the rust warranty is for 7 years

@marnet
It is an unenviable job to keep cars from rusting. When you take your car to the body shop, ask any of the workers if they “oil” car body panels for rust prevention. There are things you can do and have done, but it’s tough finding people to do it if you don’t have the where with all to do it yourself.
I have never had rust problems on cars and trucks kept for well over ten years here in the rust belt and I can tell you, washing isn’t enough.

@oldtime11
"I wish I lived somewhere rust could be prevented."
Every one does…it is possible.

I Guess I Would See If You Can Get Some Assistance From The Dealer Or GM. This Seems Unusual On This Make/Model Which Has A Virtually Unchanged Body Style For 8 Years (2006 -2013) !

I Live In Rust Country And These Impalas Are Like Belly Buttons Here . . . Everybody’s Got One. I’ve Not Seen One With Rust Where You Describe It Or Actually Anywhere On The Vehicle.

Marnet, you take such good care of the car, perhaps somebody will work with you on putting things right.

Do this: When you travel around, look at other 2006 - 2013 Impalas and see if you find any others with this defect. Offer that information when you state your case.

By the way that’s a good description of exactly where the rust is forming. I wish more people were able to speak “cars,” like you do and yes, I too would find this to be irritating.

CSA

@CSA – Thank you for the compliment. What little I know about “speaking cars” I’ve learned from reading here on this forum.

And thank you very much for the suggestion about looking at other Impalas. That is so obvious that I’m rather smacking myself for not having thought of it. Duh!!! LOL And there are quite a few Impalas of similar age around here for me to discreetly look at when walking through the parking lot at the store.