No roundabouts?

“But roundabouts have been in used in Washington, DC for almost 200 years. It’s a well known method of delaying an army from entering a city easily and overrunning it. If DC’s case, it was in response the the British takeover in the War of 1812.”

Ummm, right, because invading armies obey all local traffic rules. Didn’t the British come up the Patuxent and Potomac rivers?

“Now every state allows some form of RTOR, in practice if not by law; only the District of Columbia prohibits it under all circumstances.”

Sometimes you get incorrect information on this site. This is one of those times.

Coralville, Iowa! Home of the might KCJJ and the Mike O’Meara Show and Robb Radio every Friday! Shoutout to Steve Bridges!

True that. I was pulled over in Bryan, Ohio for turning right on red. It seems to be against the law in that particular town. Thankfully, the nice officer recognized me as an out-of-towner and let me go with a stern warning.

We have a number of roundabouts (sounds like a Limey name) and more planned.

One must yield to those already in the roundabout, which in the US meansomeone approaching from your left.
Roundabouts are counterclockwise in the US.

Unless prohibited by a white sign with black lettering [NO RIGHT TURN ON RED], one may turn right on red after stopping and yielding to oncoming traffic.
We may also turn LEFT on red when our ONE WAY street intersects another [ < ONE WAY ] street, unless [NO TURN ON RED] sign.
I recall this started in California and worked its way east. Colorado adopted that law in 1969, I believe.