Need help choosing a hatchback: Fit, Focus or Accent?

I had a Ford with an auto trans. It failed after 29,000 miles. The dealer wanted to rebuild it. I asked for the Ford local service rep. Turns out the day I went to meet with him he had just returned from a beef n beer lunch with the dealership service mgr. He sadi it was up to Ford to decide if I got a new trans or if they chose to rebuild mine. I backed down and let them rebuild it. The day I got the car back I was acceleratinbg onto the freeway and it started slipping out of gear. I took it to a Hyundai dealer and traded it in. DON’T BUY AN AUTOMATIC FORD. Ford= fix or repair daily.

Which Ford, buggygirl?

Hyundai’s 10 year powertrain warranty tells me they have confidance in their product.

Can you wait for 2 weeks to a month? If so, Hyundai is about to release the Veloster, which promises to be a fun to drive hatchback with a leather option, that will sell for your budget.

Dppg619 -

That powertrain warranty statistically is worth VERY little, and it is also VERY limited in scope. Most manufacturers give you 5-7 years already, and you can EASILY get similar coverage to get past the 10 year mark by using Valvoline oil for your oil changes - they’ll warranty your engine’s oiled components against failure for life.