My purchase of Marvel Mystery Oil was... mysterious


I’ve never been stopped for Sea Foam but I made an emergency trip to Walmart about 11:30 one night and got a bottle of Nyquil and Dayquil and got stopped at the self-checkout. Only took her a second to flash her card and clear me. I don’t know what’s in it that caused the problem. I think they took the alcohol out.

Oh, sorry, off topic. :innocent:


It contains DXM. Drink the whole bottle and assuming you survive, you’ll get a similar high to PCP. If you’ve ever heard of the street drug “skittles,” that’s DXM. Cold medicine was popular with teens before the crackdowns because it was a lot easier to get cough syrup than illegal drugs. And that was one of the crackdowns that led to Seafoam being restricted, because once they couldn’t get their hands on cough syrup, they started looking for other things, like spray paint, which was also restricted and so now they do meth.

The whole thing is chasing a moving target and, really, just pushing teens into using much more dangerous drugs. Instead of just letting them eat pot brownies, now they’re out looking for meth and heroin. Seems dumb to me.


Exactly (which is called Dextromethorphan), though the survival issues are further complicated by the fact that the medications also contain Acetaminophen (usually about 7.8 g per bottle, daily max 3 g)…

Also a valid point


I got the little metal cans of Marvel Mystery Oil at an old car show flea market for a quarter a can, I don’t use it for anything, I just like to have it aroundlikr the quart oil bottles and the Mobil road maps and the Atlas tube repair kit.


‘Background: Difluoroethanes are used as refrigerants, foam-blowing agents, solvents, and propellants in various household products. Volatile substances, such as 1,2-difluoroethane, are inhaled for recreational purposes (known as huffing) because they are intoxicating, inexpensive, and easily acquired.’
‘Case Report: A 26-year-old woman developed confusion and lethargy after unwitnessed inhaling of suspected 1,2-difluoroethane in an aerosol cleaner and was taken to a hospital.’