My pickup bounces side wards

I think that is a possibility.
I can recall that a friend of mine had this exact rear-end side-hop problem with his Explorer, and the cause turned out to be a broken anti-sway bar link.

1 Like

The ballast helps the ride. Iā€™m just hoping it doesnā€™t need any thing more than shocks. I bought the truck from a friend last spring for $1500 drove it from Oregon to Montana, and then poop hit the wind machine. I have put $2000 and lots of hours into it so far. The thing is only worth the $1500. I replaced the bearings and all brake components all around and looked at the suspension while the wheel were off. Didnā€™t see anything. Maybe I didnā€™t want to see any thing. :slight_smile:

NO NO NO! I donā€™t want to have to replace everything under there. Tired of working on this thing. Iā€™ll just take it to a priest, have him bless it and then sell it as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

An anti-sway bar link is actually a pretty small component. So, I donā€™t foresee that you would be replacing ā€œeverything under thereā€, and the cost (if I am correct about it being a broken link) shouldnā€™t be very high.

1 Like

Does this truck have a rear anti-sway bar?

One thing thatā€™s easy enough to do, get out your tape measure and with the truck parked on a level surface, check if both sides are riding at the same height. I think it is normal for there to be some difference front vs rear, but if the ride height is different right vs left, that would provide a clue where to focus to determine whatā€™s wrong. Just a guess, but as mentioned by others above, it sounds some kind a rear leaf-spring or shock absorber problem to me.

Well the shocks came and I put them on that night. That was the problem. Now I feel a lot safer. Thank you everyone for the input. Michael

Thanks for posting your solution.

@andriy.fomenko seems to be the big winner here. With that big check heā€™s getting we can look forward to him taking us all out to dinner this weekend.

so my poke into the dark room resulted in loud MEOW!!! :slight_smile:

few weeks before I removed struts/shocks from my ā€œnewā€ 2006 Pathfinder with 150K miles and they were so rusted that I could barely move the rod on one of the back ones, thus the guess

congrats on getting it fixed to @mrgrudz!