Must Porsche Cayenne SUV use premium gasoline at 5,200 ft?

I find it extremely funny that instead of reading the owners manual and seeing what the guys who built the vehicle have to say - instead, the question is posed to a non-mechanic who asks an internet website? There were some great answers, but sheesh!

Yes. She seems afraid to READ THE MANUAL.
Seems that she wants to go by hearsay or vote!
I’ll read it for her if I can see it.

But, CapriRacer, what you suggest would entail the owner reaching a-a-a-a-a-l-l-l-l-l the way over from the driver’s seat to the glove box (a distance of…perhaps as much as 3 feet), and then actually looking at a book (written on the 8th grade reading level) in order to find the answer. Don’t you think that it makes much more sense for her to request that a non-mechanically-inclined friend ask anonymous people on the internet (who may or may not know the correct answer) for the information?

Surely you are expecting too much!

;-))

"non-mechanically-inclined friend"
Rebuiding an engine, transmission oil and filter changes, new used toyota rear axle and doing my own brakes jobs don’t count?
(Those left-over brake parts obviously weren’t eveneeded.)

Perhaps I “misunderestimated” you (in the words of G.W. Bush).
Somehow, I thought that someone with mechanical savvy would have known enough to believe the opinion of the people who designed and built the vehicle. You know–the information contained in the Porsche Owner’s Manual. If the owner is hesitant to plunge into something written on the 8th grade reading level, perhaps you can help her with this task.

Anyway…If I misunderestimated you, I apologize.

By the way…Are you still driving at 115 mph “in complete safety”?

“By the way…Are you still driving at 115 mph “in complete safety”?”

Well, always complete safety of others.
I only get up to 110 mph when no.nelse is around.

Lately, hospitals have not called asking where their platelets are.
Wish I had the little Cessna 152 I considered buying manyears ago.

No offense intended Mr. Gift. But based on your questions you’ve asked here in the past, I have hard time believing you’ve actually rebuilt an engine. And how are you doing 110 MPH in a vehicle that has a governed top speed of 101 MPH anyway

Speak your peace. I am as thick-skinned as I am thick-headed.
Apparently thExpedition is governed at 103.
With accelerator depressed to just below whatakes the vehicle to governed speed, and not even a steep down grade, it gets up to 110.
(As though the.ngine fuel input is getting the vehicle up to 100 and the downgrade adds another 5 to 10 mph.)
Th.is on the plains in eastern Colorado.

Tell her that if she is so concerned about it, sell the thing and get a Rav4 or an Escape and use regular without hassle. If she balks at that idea, maybe a good slapping upside the head using the owner’s manual will help to learn a few things about it.

My car recommends premium fuel, but doesn’t require it. Nor does it say I should use full synthetic oil, either. But I’ve feed my car nothing but both of those since I bought it 2 years ago.

“If she balks at that idea, maybe a good slapping upside the head using the owner’s manual will help to learn a few things about it.”

Imagine…recommending dope slaps on the Car Talk BBS!

leanring through osmosis! XD

Tell her that if she is so concerned about it, sell the thing and get a Rav4 or an Escape and use regular without hassle
I believe that she wants the "status symbol". She still has not had the time to read the manual - had to get her nails done. Next day, her hair done. Each weekday, something done. And God has failed to divine the answer to her.

But I believe she HAS learned from me to GENTLY ACCELERATE to save fuel!
She still needs to learn to coast.
When I was riding with her in a previous car, she stayed on the gas even though the traffic signal ahead was cycling to RED. Then she must brake harder to stop.

At least from you here I have leaned to buy 87 Midgrade for the Expedition!
When I get to half a tank, if I fill with 91 octane, (10 gallons 85 + 10 gallons 91) will that be like burning 88 octane? (Our nearby Bradley Sincalir’s 91 Premium is best buy cents/octane.)