Might have blown my head gasket?

A man needs to know his limitations. ( Said in my best Dirty Harry voice)

1 Like

I got it home and on the lift, once i knew what to look for i found it pretty easily there was in fact a hole in the side of the block. I took it up to the onsite service center at work to get the engine pulled and replaced, thank you all for your help.

What probably happened is some water got sucked into the engine cylinders. Water doesn’t compress like air does, and when the piston is at the top of I ts stroke there is very little volume left, so it doesn’t take much water in the cylinder before it reaches a point where the piston can’t move upward. Then you have the old irresistible force vs the immovable object problem. Something has to give, and in this case it was the engine block. Sorry you experienced this problem. Driving a little slower when the road has deep puddles can help, but sometimes there’s just no way to avoid it.

In this case it sounds like “pond” might have been a more appropriate noun choice than “puddle” :smile:

i guess working at a honda manuf site may have access to shop facilities. you already pulled and replaced motor? wow. fast work.