Lot of rusted cars PLEASE HELP!

How about calling one of these TV shows; Graveyard carz on Velocity comes to mind.

I don’t kown if these vehicle have any value in your area. From what I see the cars are from the late sixty’s and seventy’s. There are a few old trucks but no cars from the 40’s and 50’s. The 1959 Ford wagon looks interesting as well as the 1968-69 Pontiacs but in this condition you could only give them away.

If you could find a car enthusiast that wants one of these cars and will remove it from the property that is all I would expect.

Sorry, I didn’t see the picks. They are in pretty rough shape. I think most are just scrap but the 50’s trucks and that 59 Ford wagon might be worth treating separately. I guess I’d get a local junk yard to take a look and clear out the late 60’s and 70’s stuff.

I looked at all the pictures and I would junk all the cars and most of the trucks. The Chevy model pickups from the 50’s have the most value and broadest appeal. That’s where the money is.

I’d ask this question on an acaa forum. They know vintage cars and know whether they can be saved.
I am very sceptical when people show up saying they have a pile of cars to sell and have no idea what they are worth or what shape they are in. It usually is a fishing expedition. If they are valuable, you’ll want expert opinion.

Some appear to be good for nothing more than parts but with others I could see a demand for them and cumulatively, there could be a chunk of money when all is said and done. Even the VW Beetle and the FWD Cadillac El Dorado have a market.

I’ve seen some in a lot worse shape become a restored beauty. The '56 Ford Crown Vic a friend of mine found in a field looked as bad or worse than most of those in the pics. A couple of years later it was a daily driver hot pink and white stunner that won a number of car shows and eventually ended up in an automotive museum.

The ‘‘value’’ of them , to you, will be greatly tied to how much , or how little work you wish to invest in them.
Having someone come to haul ALL of them away will mean a possibility of less in your pocket due to the work they invest in time and fuel to pick up each and every one. Then , for them to research years, models and vin numbers to attempt to target a market for each. As well as the title work for each.

The more of that work you do , the more you can ask for each one.
If you were to research all the vins to know your complete inventory by year and model, you may be able to learn that a few are highly valued . But trying to sell each one individually , in trade papers or forums for each, you will still end up with the majority of nothing but junk for which anyone offering to just haul them out with out paying you anything, will be doing you a favor in the long run.

The most money overall will come from your knowing exactly what is out there.
Make a complete list of inventory, much like any car dealer would do.
OR call the ‘‘storage wars’’ tv show and start a bidding war on the whole lot.

Leave the cars, as is. Make the area into a pay-for-visit, horror park of haunted cars. Didn’t Stephen King have story-movie, on that theme?

Two things worry me: first, lots of the windows look like they’re open, some broken out. That often results in totally trashed interiors (parts for which can be hard to find) and rusted out floor pans from the collected rain. Second is that many look like the body is resting on/in the dirt, which greatly speeds up the rusting of the floor and frame. Rusted frame + trashed interioro = junk it, for most of these.

Is one of the cars a Plymouth Fury?

Don’t be surprised is a salvage yard passes on these. A salvage yard is like any other business. They like to keep inventory that will sell and not sit.

Try car clubs for specific makes as a lot of these cars will be parts cars.

@BBneedhelp, you could just auction the off as a lot. Contact auction houses to see if they would handle it. If you are willing to do more work, list every vehicle you have, check to see if the drive train is still there, and take lots of pictures - exterior, interior, and under the hood. Then consider disposing of them individually. I’ve seen cars in poor condition on sites like Hemmings for sale. Whether you are willing to do this depends on how much work you are willing to do. More work can mean a higher payoff in the end. BTW, if you are the executor of an estate, you might be in line for extra pay for this effort, as you are trying to enhance the value of the estate.

Put an ad in Hemmings and/or e-bay for the entire lot, all of it. Stipulate that ALL the vehicles must be removed by a certain date after the sale. Unless you want to become the owner/operator of a “classic” car junk yard, with people coming in wanting to pull /steal parts, just sell the whole lot as is where it sits…It MIGHT be worth holding an on-site auction, sell them car by car and then sell the unsold vehicles to a scrap dealer as one lot…Have a auctioneer who does car auctions look it over…

But if he was real Believer, he would donate these cars to NPR or his local Public Radio, and get a tax donation.

Again thanks to everyone for the advice. I am going to get the VIN numbers and see what I can do from there.

Well, don’t burn a lot of time chasing VIN numbers until you have somebody take a look to see what you have of value. From the pics only a fraction of them would be worth chasing down title info. But sure, find out from your local DMV the procedure for doing this.

If it’s a problem getting somebody on site, then set up a list of the cars and trucks, with each having several photos (front, rear, left right, front interior, rear interior, under hood) to show folks.

I’d suggest sweeping the brush off the cars, clearing the brush from around them, and posting decent photos on ebay. Many of these appear to be restorable.

Don’t expect to get rich. I don’t see and Stutz Bearcats here. But if you can pick up $500 avg, you’ve done well.

First, try to identify what they are by make and model…Look inside the drivers door frame on the newer cars…perhaps enlist the aid of an old car expert to help you identify the pre-1960 stuff…There are guys that are very good at this and they would LOVE doing it…

What are the chances that any titles, paperwork, even old registrations, can be found for these cars? Can they be sold or scraped without a title?

Most seem to be buried up to the frames in debris and that means a lot of questionable frames. The old Chevy pick up looks like the best candidate in the bunch for potential restoration. The '68 Ford looks like a Galaxy, not much interest in that but at least it is a 2 door. There is an old station wagon that might be a '57 Ford. If it is it would be worth something, but it looks very rough.

Uncle, that’s a blue 59 Ford station wagon not a 57. Good for parts at least. Dad just about bought one like it (except new) but they raised the price $200 when we went to pick it up.