Looks like Takata bites the dust

In many cases there are specific people identified who perpetrated the crime. In the Ford Pinto case there were at least 10 people who organized and carried it out. Ford was found criminal liable, but the people involved were not charged.

This is only a new concept in this country. Other countries have been bringing criminal action against officers of the company.

The boss is in jail! The man that owns the lab that provided tainted drugs that gave many people meningitis got a nine year sentence for his negligence. It seems that when it can be proved, jail is a possibility.

Certain Asian countries, the head of the company literally falls on a sword. Here, we have the likes of smirking Martin Shkreliā€¦

1 Like

I have respect for people like that, who hold themselves accountable.

I believe I have read that in China if people are killed by bad products, they execute the responsible parties. I cannot vouch for that, but have read it.

If a corporation should be put in jail, then why not stop it from doing business here? The shareholders can sue and divide up the assets, just like with Bernie Madoff. If Volkswagen deliberately used fraud to beat US environments regulations, then it shouldnā€™t be allowed to do business here for x months or years. The Supreme Court says corporations are people with full freedom of speech and other rights, so treat them like people and throw the criminal corporations in jail or execute them.

Itā€™s possibleā€¦and the case you mentioned is for a small lab in MA. Not a huge corporation with millions of shares.

Even though this guy is in jailā€¦he should have been found guilty of negligent homicide. Instead he was found guilty of mail fraud, racketeering conspiracy and racketeering. Not bad for killing 76 people and infecting hundreds more.

Digressing, please forgive, do not put one in your car?

_A popular fitness blogger and Instagram model in France died after a pressurized canister used for dispensing whipped cream exploded, hitting her in the chest.

A 2014 news release by the French economy ministry advised people to be cautious when using cream dispensers: ā€œSince 2010, several models of kitchen syphons, also called cream syphons, have turned out to be dangerous and led to home accidents.ā€

Ardā€™Time, the company of the whip cream dispenser Burger reportedly used has been recalled because of reports that the plastic head could explode and fly off, according to their website.

Keep up with recalls I guess.

So the car related message is what? Donā€™t eat strawberry shortcake and whipped cream in a French car?

OK, I wonā€™t.

1 Like