Long distance drive - Pickup Cab comfortability

It might not be a bad idea to consider a motel room along the way if it comes down to that. One can leave at 6 in the morning with a gung-ho, good attitude about the trip and have it totally evaporate, along with concentration, by 6 in the evening.

Keep in mind that 900 miles is a lot to do in one day. As an example, truck drivers are limited to 11 hours of driving per day, and this trip will take you at least 14 hours. If you get into an accident near the end of your trip, even if it’s not your fault, and the other party discovers that you were driving that long without stopping to rest, that information can be used against you.

Every vehicle is different.
Every person is different.
The time factor means you can’t even test drive one and know how you’ll be affected.

My back and hips ache on long drives in my wife’s 06 Escape hybrid. ( I could never have known this by driving around town )
My 08 Expedition is a lounge chair in comparison.

Every vehicle is different.
Every person is different.

Ken Green, you said it very well. Triedaq and I disagree about the riding comfort of most vehicles, although we do agree about the Toyota 4Runner we own as having a good seating position. Triedaq complains when we go to basketball games at our university’s relatively new arena because it has chair seats. He says that real sports fans sit on bleachers. He doesn’t like the plastic covering on the bleachers at our football stadium. He says that real men sit on wood bleachers with splinters. He would be perfectly happy if I replaced the living room sofa with a park bench. A couple of years ago before I retired, I drove a Dodge Avenger from our university fleet from Indiana to Washington, D.C. and back. I didn’t think it was too bad, although I would have preferred higher seats. This past August, we flew to Albany, New York and rented a car that happened to be a Dodge Avenger to drive to Bennington, Vermont. Triedaq was uncomfortable driving that Dodge even that short distance.

Mrs. Triedaq

You will do well to average 50 MPH. That’s an 18 hour trip. Even if you can’t afford a motel room, you should stop for sleep about half way at a rest stop.