Locked Up Brakes, Can't Find Fix

asemaster, Nice catch. I completely missed that it was a Subaru. I should have thought of that because I learned to drive on my grandmothers 41 Studebaker that had hillholder.

Thatā€™s interesting @oldtimer-11 . I thought the reason no other manufacturers, at least that Iā€™m aware of, have the hill holder clutch function on their cars was b/c Suburu holds the patent rights. But it sounds like this idea predates Subaru. Which brings me to the logical next question, why donā€™t more manufacturers offer that same thing on their cars? It does come in pretty handy on MT vehicles , especially in city-type stop and go driving on hilly terrain.

Actually, many other manufacturers have a hill holder function

This might be of interest. Looks like it just needs an adjustment.

Click on the link in post #9. It shows how.

Not only does it predate Subaru, but Subaru uses the exact same name for this feature that Studebakerā€“the originators of that conceptā€“used. Obviously, Studebakerā€™s copyright on the term ā€œHillholderā€ expired long ago.
It should be noted that later model Subarus use a different Hill Holder design than the OPā€™s vehicle. It is now a totally electronic function, and it is used on automatic models, as well as stick-shift models.

try looking at the combation valve check push button does it move make sure the master cly. isnt in emergenct plunger foward

Not only is that hard to read I donā€™t have a clue what it means.

Sure, thatā€™s easy for you to sayā€¦

:confused: