LEXUS ES300 Timing Belt

I wonder if it’s the plastic covers are warped and rubbing the belt. Spraying lube would hide it for a Short while.

Knfenimore: - Another good idea, next time I will also check the inside of the timing belt cover for any belt rubbing.

BustedKnuckles: - I did not know Tom and Ray retired. On Friday mornings the first thing I read in my newspaper while I drinking my coffee is Click and Clack. Great advice and great humor, it doesn’t get better than that. As far as you guys being all I got… I appreciate and I am thankful to all of you for taking the time to comment & help me and others with their car problems.

The belt rubbing on the timing cover is a great suggestion and one would have hoped anyway that during one of those trips inside the belt case they would have checked for this.

Yep, Click and Clack left such a large legacy. I think their radio show on NPR has been running re-runs for the last few years. They have a huge library of material to use. And maybe the newspaper column is being ghost-written. I know the Dear Abby column has been through a few writers since she retired, but her legacy continues as well.

I understand C&C still actively write their newspaper columns.