Let's return to Sealed Beam Headlamps

Joseph, If We Return, Please Don’t Give Me A 6-Volt Volkswagen Beetle (pre-67) Style Headlight Assembly To Keep It In.

Yea, I had an employee with a 67 6 volt. I helped her out by fixing the damage the 12V battery the shop put in there for her. I might add that the 1970 Bug I had had a great electrical system all around.

Even an old geezer like me can see that the LED lights are the wave of the future. I think expense is the big issue. One of my horn playing friends just bought an LED music stand light. She practically lights up the whole stage when she turns it on. It will light for hours on a single charge. I don’t have one because this light cost $300, so I can imagine the expense of a headlight.

I want them back too, please, pretty please. Last week I found myself wondering if I would live long enough to hear some kids talking about the neat incandescent lights in the antique cars.

Ummn, NO!

Lets not, and say we didn’t.

I’m very happy with simply opening the hood on my car, reaching in, pushing a release catch, turning the socket to the left, pulling out the bulb, and then unplugging it.

I don’t have to worry about a stone killing my headlight.
I don’t have to worry about rust preventing me from being able to adjust the aim of the headlights, since they are no longer exposed to the elements.
I don’t have to worry about loosing the brightness of my bulbs after only a couple of months, and then needing to buy a new set.

And yes, there are plenty of standards when it comes to halogen replacement bulbs.
All the motorcycles I’ve ever owned that had Halogens needed a single H4 replacement, until my Ducati 848.
My '07 Nissan Altima shares the same high beam as my '92 Buick Park Avenue, but uses a different low beam. Oddly enough, that same low beam is in use on my friend’s car.
And my '98 Porsche Boxster uses a single bulb for both the high and low beams, and is possibly one of the easiest headlights to aim I’ve ever dealt with.

So no, I don’t want to go back to your silly preferred lighting system.
Buy yourself an old collector’s car if you want those type of headlights.

BC.

and that’s even with that other high-tech marvel of the ages, flip up headlights!

The old sealed beam lamps are made with a halogen bulb inside. I don’t think Beadsandbeads was wishing for a return of non-halogen headlights, which started to disappear in the early '80s.