Lady auto mechanic

I remember saying to my friends dad that I wouldn’t mind being an auto mechanic. He said, “No, you wouldn’t.” When I asked why not, he said ,“How would you like to hoist up a 1000 pd transmission?” and other things along that line. So, anyways, he was tighting a nut or a bolt or something on one of my wheels. I don’t remember what he was using to tighten it but he was trying to stand on it to gain more leverage and the thing wouldn’t budge so I asked if I could try. He said he didn’t want me to hurt myself but I said, “Well, if I do, its my own fault.” So, he reluctantly agreed. I didn’t injure myself but I also didn’t have any better luck than he at tightening the thing. So, ya, I could see myself breaking my neck on the job.
But, mainly I wanted to just because it pays to know how to fix most things on a vehicle- and tell when your being hustled. So, ya he said mechanic can make bank BUT it is an extreme pain in the a$$ when something is going wrong and you have been working on it forever to no avail. He has a tremendous amount of patience. I have none. I can picture myself destroying the car I was trying to fix in a fit of rage.
But, hey, camkit2009, that’s awesome what you want to do. I’m in the medical laboratory technology program at my University and I can count maybe two guys who take classes with me. They say more women are pursuing degrees in the science and engineering fields. I think it would be cool to see more female auto mechanics.