K and N Filter

I’m curious, how have you determined (you seem completely convinced) that your engines now breathe better and have increased throttle response?

I’m not convinced that there is anything but a placebo effect either way for a modern car engine. I don’t think that there is any greater throttle response, any increased MPG, or any increase in particulates that come through or not. I have not seen any evidence one way or the other.

There is a reason for that. You wanted it to be true so it was. The doctor calls it a placebo effect. The witch doctors called it a cure, but it is the same thing, at least on stock engines.

because they are so tightly pleated nowadays,and K/N are very hard to see through, not to mention the round filters,bullet shaped, just very hard to tell with a light anymore. I looked at several new filters with a light,and sunlight ,and you can hardly see anything through them.a small smack on the bench and if you need a dust pan when done ,it’s time to replace

Good points, jsutter. I think the best reports are given by users of products who are either happy with the results or not and report their findings. I checked out Bob’s site and, no offense to Bob, really did not find it informative enough to make a decision either way. I’m just glad there are companies like K&N that make good products.

because they are so tightly pleated nowadays,and K/N are very hard to see through

No their not. In fact you can see through a K&N filter a lot easier then a regular paper filter.

http://www.knfilters.com/filtercharger.htm

then you have great eyes,do you have a light intensity meter also.(yes sir you have 2 lumens showing through your air filter . (we need to change the filter pronto.!)welcome common sense into your life someday.and you too will be rewarded. doctor to patient I see a spot on your lung .,must be cancer(after lung removal he then says,my batt was low and I was wrong ,SORRY!.food for thought.COMMON SENSE.

PLEASE! spare me!

Hahahahahahaha!!! Presenting a page from the manufacturer’s web site as proof that their product works? Thanks for the “evidence”.

The light will be diffused. But it WILL get through. It won’t be direct sunlight. If you think direct sunlight will be coming through you need to take some basic automotive classes. If there is no DIFFUSED light coming through then it’s clogged.

so in all reality,you can get a light in all filters? (thats very interesting) take me to school,I want to know more.

so in all reality,you can get a light in all filters?

All AIR FILTERS YES…unless it’s so dirty that light is NOT going through.

Sport, you haven’t taken time to acknowledge any of the respondents. Unless you have a good reason that’s just rude.

I ran a K&N filter on a 2002 Toyota Avalon and changed it for the paper filter after 6 months. It did seem to provide slightly better throttle response, but I picked up a deep throated acceleration noise and hesitation from a dead stop. I prefer the peace and quiet.