Just when you think you've heard everything

Had a little experience with a non local Nissan dealership,got called in,went through some" rig or more row" then they told told they couldnt swap payments on my almost new Dodge(I was going to pay full retail for the new Nissan)apparently the Dodge was worth nothing,even after a large down payment and several regular payments-so shame on them. @ another Nissan dealership I was negotiating for an end of year unit and these salesman was ready to throw me out,next day they called my home,very nice this time,I politely declined the deal.
But its not confined to auto dealers,I asked a little stocking clerk or associate in Wal-Mart,where the statonary was,it seemed to upset Her,almost in tears,she said"not my department".
Lastly, I depise going in a Dealers showroom and knowing more about the items they are trying to foist then they do.Kevin

“Had a little experience with a non local Nissan dealership,got called in,went through some” rig or more row"

So…I guess that you wanted more rig and less row?

;-))

@VDC,just because a salesperson is a young Debutante doesn’t make me anymore apt to take BS-(who knows maybe a fairly new Dodge doesn’t have comparable value to a fairly new Nissan,did go through with the swapping payments thing at a Dodge dealer once,finally went and got my first Nissan)-Kevin

^
But…did you want more rig and less row?

Or…did you just want less, rigmarole?

;-))

@db4690,

The last vehicle I bought was a motorcycle, and said something like, “Can you give me a salesperson who won’t make me feel like I need a shower?” The guy seemed to know exactly what I meant.

`@vdc,thanks so it is a word ,rather then a phrase-Kevin

Every major brand has thousands of dealerships across the country. Each is owned by a private individual (or his/her corporate conglomerate). Every brand has great dealerships and very bad dealerships. It’s all local. The only exception is a dying brand that stops paying for warranty work (remember SAAB?).

Your friends husband’s dealership is, unfortunately, apparently a scumbag. If there is another dealership of the same brand within reasonable distance, I’d go there and explain the situation. The manufacturer will reimburse any of its dealers for warranty work, and the new dealer might be happy to acquire his/her competitor’s customers.

Post back. We do care.

Oh, they can take care of themselves. I’m sure it’ll turn out. I just thought it was an interestingly egregious lie.

Some manufacturers follow-up with customers on the quality and level of satisfaction with dealer services. Then have words with the local dealer to bring them into line if necessary. They aren’t all just watchmaker gods letting dealerships do whatever they want. Dealerships are an important brand building component.

Some manufacturers follow-up with customers on the quality and level of satisfaction with dealer services.

Many dealers have this rating system they give their dealers. The rating is based on Sales, Customer Satisfaction and Service.

One dealer I knew had the highest rating by the manufacturer…and I wouldn’t let this dealer put air in my tires. And WHY did they get this high rating???

Because the metrics they use is weighted. Sales account for 90% of their total score. And since this dealer was at the TOP of sales…the rest of their numbers were meaningless.

Do manufacturers care about their dealers…Yes!!! To a point. They’ll look the other way if that dealer is selling THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of cars for them every year. I’ve NEVER EVER seen a manufacturer take a franchise away from a dealer. I’ve seen the State do it…but not the manufacturer.

This is where there is something to Toyota arrogance. Ever try to sell a used Toyota yourself privately vs other cars in say, Uncle Henry’s and elsewhere ? I have; a bunch it seems. Toyota nuts come out of the walls to buy these cars, sometimes, sight unseen. I am into buying Toyotas as much for the resale value and ease of sale as anything else. The only thing close, are Hondas around here. Now, if having a product that sells itself for a lot of people, that can lead to a lot of arrogance when all you have to do is talk price. The Toyota dealer around here is “decent”, not great. The one 60 miles down the road…has a bunch of jerks it seems working for them…and they don’t seem to care because; they sell.

While browsing the Toyota lot, I found a recent trade in 2wd pick up off to the side. It was in decent shape body and motor wise but the clutch needed replacement. I made a low offer, they took. I had the clutch replaced (easy on rwd ) by independent locally, spruced it up, drove it for a year and actually “made " money on the sale in Unle Henry’s off the very first Toyota " cool aid” Drinker that called.

My daughter bought a car at one of the biggest dealer conglomerates in the USA. The price was good and the salesman was attentive and tried hard to listen to her needs. I plan to discuss a car with him if I want a Chevy for my next car.

Cultivate this salesperson please-Kevin

@ Dag,sad but true around here for the most part-it suprises me how long these Toyotas will last neglected(oops off subject) yes when you are selling the best you can be uppity-Kevin