Jetta 2003 Safe to Drive?

did anybody put brake paste on the brake pad backing plates?

What? IDK, it’s been there all day. don’t even know what that means.

Are you people just trolling me for kicks or do any of you actually know what you are talking about?

@gabgrl

I happen to be a professional mechanic, and I just gave you some good advice

Rest assured, I know exactly what I’m talking about

Do you?

I try to help somebody, and they insult me . . .

By the way, they’re known as brakes, NOT breaks

Maybe you should just close this thread, since your attitude tells me you don’t really want our help

@gabzgirl In the absence of better info, I would say your dad is very irresponsible! No one on this panel will advise you to drive a car with the identified problems!

My wife was an emergency and operating room nurse for many years. She and the surgeons had to deal with the reults of irresponsible car ownership and driving habits!

Guys, I encourage you not to respond to this person again

They are abusive and insulting

I think we’re all wasting our time here

I agree with db4690. as I usually do.

At this point, I believe that the OP is mostly likely trolling us, but, if her posts are genuine, they are still abusive to those who are trying to help her. In addition to some courses in English, she also needs to learn about the concepts of humility and gratitude.

I urge the moderators to close this thread.

At what point did I try to insult anyone? I apologize if I came off as rude, I can’t help it. I have Autism please stop and leave me alone.

Well I went to the garage and the brakes checked out fine according to them. I am now taking it to a dealership because it is probably an electrical issue causing the lights to turn on.