Jacking up corner pinch weld, 2 wheels lifting up?

I cut a 2x4 piece of wood with a slot in it along the wood grain that fits over the pinch weld. 3 wood screws go across the grain to keep it from splitting. The jack stand smashes in to the wood but there is no damage to the paint on the pinch weld. It also can’t slip off. If I jack up the front the rear wheel will come up too. If I use it on the rear then both rear wheels will lift up.

you should use something like this. I would not trust a 2x4 with a cut in it and screws.

Are those rubber or some kind of plastic? If it’s metal it will bend the metal on the pinch weld or damage the paint around it.

I believe they are a urethane rubber. search pinch weld jacking pucks.

They are Hockey Pucks with a slit. I bought on online for around $5 but had to widen the cut. Works fine.
Both my Prius and Hyundai Veloster would lift the other wheel if you jack up the one side only. The other wheel will drop back to the ground it you jack the other side up.
The prius has a front and back “center” point for jacking which is not that well centered. But still better than nothing.

I use a “puck” like that with my floor jack. And keep it my trunk for when a tire lift is missing a pad (the local Costco). If one wants to make one from wood, suggest a base of solid plywood (no unfilled internal knot cutouts) and form the grove with two other pieces screwed and glued to the first - even if it crushes nothing is likely to be hurt. The big problem with solid wood is splitting along the grain, and termites…